Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 XT Touring CVT
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my XT on Nov 2.

-- Incident # 1; Nov 6 (yes 4 days after picking it up) a rock jumps off a dump truck on the Turnpike and pegs my windshield.. Windshield repaired.

-- Incident # 2; Nov 18, Sideswiped by a tailgater that wipped around me and nailed my RF fender. Bodyshop repaired RF Fender and wheel.

-- Incident # 3; Feb 18, 2015, Rear-ended by a guy looking at his cell phone in traffic, went under the bumper and caught my hitch, whole back of car bent down, repaired and got back from the bodyshop Mar 20

-- Incident #4 ; March 30, 2015, Rounding a sharp lefthand curve going from an area with street lights into a dark country road, with virutally no moon at 11:00 PM.. Black COW in the middle of the road BAM!!!! Yes, I hit a cow with my XT. 8 airbags went off, RF and front of car, windshield, turbo, grill,.... everything busted!!

I hope they total the darn thing!!! I think it's jinxed/ has gremlins/ or just is trying to kill me in general. It doesn't seem to know it's a Subaru and can't do that, I only have back issues from the rear-end collision.

None of these were my fault or due to poor or inattentive driving. I'm sick about this, as it's the first new vehicle I've ever purchased. I've owned almost 50 vehicles!!! I will keep this and my build thread updated if they total it or fix it. But if it's fixed I'm trading it off for another XT. I won't be keeping this car.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
1,365 Posts
.....oh crap.......what the heck was the cow doing in the middle of the road at night....that is a LOT of damage......and that really sucks to say the least.......hope everything works out....

·
Registered
'15 XT CVT
1,084 Posts
It's a sign. You are not meant to have a new car.

I'm glad you're okay. I too hope they total it!

·
Registered
2015 Impreza 5-Door Sport Auto (CVT)
2,367 Posts
Hopefully it is totaled. One incident ok, even two, like you know **** happens, BUT after that some force beyond the ones that exist on earth is causing these mishaps.

Go back to getting good used vehicles.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT w/ S & S#
308 Posts
Yes, I hope they total it !!! And get a different color this next time :)

Also not being one to promote ambulance chasing, but make sure you get all the $$$$ you can from the person (person's ins. co.) who rear ended you !!! Depending on how old you are your back issues will show up again later in life. Not being able to ride a bicycle or reel in a Marlin, or go snow skiing water skiing during your golden years, is something they need to pay for now ... especially since some doofus was texting instead of driving.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Cvt
326 Posts
sound like me... a boulder came off a truck and I hit it dead on messing up my right suspension, and then a month ago I got t bone and rear ended... After I get my car back I'm planning to trade it in for another 2015 XT

·
Premium Member
2016 XT Touring CVT
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sound like me... a boulder came off a truck and I hit it dead on messing up my right suspension, and then a month ago I got t bone and rear ended... After I get my car back I'm planning to trade it in for another 2015 XT
Yes, I also plan to get another one, regardless of the outcome.

So how did the cow make out?

Someone had to ask, might as well be me.........
:laugh: Ya... I've been getting that alot... the dern thing walked away... broken right hind leg... I imagine they put it down, as it probably had internal injuries as well.

Florida has a fence law, so not only am I going after the guy that rear-ended me for the back injuries, I am having the Insurance company go after the cow owner, so it won't reflect on my car insurance rates in any way.

I'm thinking the blue this time, with Matte Bronze TSW Neurburgring wheels. I had the Matte Black Mirabeau wheels on the Black one.

Update as well.. heard from the body shop today, the estimate for the cow incident has exceeded $20K :surprise:, so the Ins co. is reviewing to determine if the car is totaled. Hopefully I get the news tomorrow.

Either way, I will be replacing this vehicle with another XT. I still have stuff that I bought and never had a chance to put on the Black one, and My policy will pay me for all upgrades I had on the car, so I'm going to start printing receipts.

·
Registered
2010 Legacy GT LTD 6 spd
974 Posts
Hopefully it gets totaled, don't forget to take the replacement xt out for a steak dinner, lol. Hope you get out of both whole and happy.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
195 Posts
Wow, that is a seriously pissed-off car! Buy flowers to the next one, it might help! :grin2:

I hope they wreck it, and that it'll be the end of your incident series!!

·
Premium Member
2016 XT Touring CVT
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, haven't been here much since the car is in the shop. They're fixing the blasted thing!!! I should have it back possibly next week. I will be trading it ASAP as soon as I get it back.

·
Registered
2003 Forester X manual
1,275 Posts
Hang in there!!! I call what you experienced more of Murphys' Law myself. You know...^hit happens??? Hope things get better for you soon!

·
Premium Member
2016 XT Touring CVT
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I was supposed to have it back last Friday. Not happening!

They sent it to the Subaru Dealership to "have some warning lights cleared" and to get the alignment done. Well, they have had to replace a couple sensors, and supposedly now they need a steering angle sensor that they don't have in stock at this time.

It won't be in until Wednesday, and they aren't sure that will fix it.

Not sure when I will get my car, and this is just adding to the bill...

I will be getting a lawyer if the bill exceeds the 80% figure and it should have been totaled in the first place. It's been over 50 days now without my Forester!! Grrrr!

I go on vacation starting Saturday, and where I'm going it will be very inconvenient to drive my 1 ton 4 door cab long-bed dually. I better either have it back or a check SOON!!!

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Cvt
326 Posts
man... I would though your car be totaled by the amount of damage it went thru... My dealership was able to totaled mine since the insurance didn't want to and wanted to fix it... The dealership was able to get a salvage company to buy my vehicle

·
Premium Member
2016 XT Touring CVT
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well folks. Again I haven't been here much, because I didn't want to be a constant wet blanket about the car. After getting it back from the body shop, and several returns there due to fixes, like hood alignment, paint issue and missing fasteners, I have been driving it.

Performance is odd, on it, and I had it in for the 15K service Monday. Went to the showroom and talked to my Salesman, ordered a 2016 XT in Blue. It should be in Sept 10. After taking the '15 home, there is a puddle of oil under the car yesterday morning. Had to take it back, I think they cross-threaded the drain plug!!

Only a couple more weeks and I am in a new, hopefully happy car that doesn't have it out for me.

All the mods, except the wheels and Sport grille are coming off the '15 to go on the '16. I have already started the process, so I will be well finished with that before the new XT comes in next month. A new build thread will be coming soon, as some mods never even made it on the '15 and others will be going on the '16!!

I'm excited!! Subaru #5 for me is on the way!!!

·
Registered
2003 Forester X manual
1,275 Posts
You and my sister. She has a 2012 Forester, and has been involved in two accidents, fairly major that were not her fault , in the past 2 years. She too, thinks her car is jinxed. She will be getting a new Forester shortly.

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
1,015 Posts
That's frustrating. I'm sorry to hear this all happened to you but like others wrote, I'm glad you are ok.

I had a friend who had a car like that. We ended up calling it Christine. I don't know if it was the color or what but some cars seem to attract trouble.

If the car does this….RUN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sws88j_-JOE

1 - 20 of 29 Posts