Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Eternal Noob
2003 2.5x
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it from a dealer. 2003 X with 112,000mi

It's pretty, everything looks in great shape. A bird crap stain on the hood and a dent on the rear hatch. Everything else is perfect.
Carfax one owner with all oil and suggested service done at the dealer up to the 105k service.

The deal is pending my mechanic looking it over on Friday. If he gives the all clear then I will be a true SF member!:woohoo:

Now on the the fun of making this car mine. First I need to get a full stack center armrest. Any suggestions on where to buy that?

Then I have to get a brush guard/grill guard for some lights on the front. I love lights.

Next my wife wants a roof rack for her bike or kayak. Or I might put a hitch on the back for the rear bike rack.

Then comes the audio. I already have all that equipment and I just need to pray for a sunny weekend to install everything.

Hope to see everyone around, and thanks everyone for the suggestions along the way!

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
472 Posts
Welcome vincedia! You have a good list of proposed mods already...we'll all want to see some pics as soon as possible!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi vincedia,

Congratulations! I'm in the same boat as you, though "much closer to shore" so to speak...

I just test drove a 2002 today, and now am going to be looking for a 2003+ instead.

Any tips now that you've been through the majority of the process? This is the first time I'm going to be buying a car myself...

J

·
Eternal Noob
2003 2.5x
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had mine for a few days now and I'm enjoying it.

Look it over well, the ones that were taken care of will look and feel great, and the neglected ones will look and feel like poo.

Read a lot of posts across this forum. The people here made all the difference in my shopping. I figured they saved me a few hundred in the purchase so I became a lifetime member to try to repay the community.

Good Luck!
Vince

1 - 6 of 6 Posts