Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys and gals. I have been surprisingly nominated for a teaching award from Burt Brothers!
It's the "Teacher who does it Better" contest

Need to register first!
And to cast your vote!!

Here's the contest info...

Here's my Bio and info...

I am really honored to even be nominated. It's so amazing to be recognized by the community I teach in. I am a 3rd grade teacher, this is my 5th year here.
I am buying a new house (closing this week) and this would really help. If you have the time I would love to have your support.

Thanks,
Alex Bacall

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Wow, I never knew you were a teacher. You have some lucky students because you are a great guy to be around! You got my support!

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!
Yeah, I know it's a Rougue, but that will mean I have more $$ to put toward my new house, and fewer miles on my beloved. :biggrin:

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seriously! I'm not getting my hopes up, but if I can get some money for the classroom I can use instead of my own that would be awesome. I drop over $1K a year in supplies, from my own pocket.

·
Registered
:(
471 Posts
My mom is a teacher as well, so I fully understand what you mean about having to use your own $$ for supplies. Every year I heard about budget cuts and how funding for supplies is being slashed.

You got my vote!! Good luck!

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^Thanks! This month I had to decide between a skidplate and a set of Magic Treehouse books and tests. Stupid Mary Pope Osborne :biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts