Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Blubaru is a 2003 X AT with 115,000 miles. She just had her head gaskets and timing belt replaced, also front brake pads and rotors. BUT she still needs struts and front axles. Her exterior is in pretty good shape - no rust. Just a couple of door dings and a small (nickel size area) on the hood where bird poop ate through the clear coat. The interior isn't great because of my two kids - knocked off the rear cup holders, a tear in the floor carpet and also the vinyl on the drivers seat has torn slightly.

So, can anyone give me guidance? It seems like the prices are all over the place.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
All those problems are fairly easy fixes and with the head gasket work already done, the car should see 200k no problem.

I believe around here a car like that would go for around $8K, maybe a bit more if the seller loved it.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm really hating that my husband painted the wheels black. It seemed like a good idea at the time but now it just looks like it's missing hubcaps. Maybe we'll throw in the other set of wheels. My new car has alloy wheels so it's not like I'd want to put that old cr*p back on it.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
i am not as optimistic as the others. I am thinking no more than 7k and that is still a little high I think. I sold my 04xt with sti takes off suspension and a few other small mods for 8750 and that was 1.5 years ago. 92k miles

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
i am not as optimistic as the others. I am thinking no more than 7k and that is still a little high I think. I sold my 04xt with sti takes off suspension and a few other small mods for 8750 and that was 1.5 years ago. 92k miles
Prices seem to be picking back up for some reason. You could probably get 12k for that XT now.

I personally like the black steel 5 spokes, but i guess not everyone is into darker wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts