Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
04 FXT
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was a pretty intense search; i must of looked around every possible 5x100 car forum for a decent set of wheels that I like and that have good tires. I thought there wasn't really anything I could get, but then....I came up on these:

(only have blackberry pictures, so they suck)
Scroll down for good pictures

For reference, these are my old wheels:

A set of MINT Speedline Corse GT-1 2113 ...which I believe can also be found on Ken Block's new Fiesta.

18x8(or 7.5, didn't check and don't really care) with 225/40/18 Sumitomo HTR+ tires

In person, it looks like they fit the car absolutely perfect...matches the lines very nicely. Really surprised me how much better the car feels now, there's no more sidewall wallowing that I used to get with my 225/55/16.

:bling:

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Looks good, What are you lowered with?

joe r

·
Registered
04 FXT
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
04 STI struts and JDM STI Pinks

It almost looks like it needs to be lower, but I'm not about to start messing with the suspension again. When i need tires for next summer, I'll go with 225/45/18 to fill some of that gap.

·
Registered
04 FXT
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I really really like the wheels, and how much I paid for then is less than one wheel/tire would cost new, so I'm very happy with the whole situation. They really do look better in person too, or maybe I need Brian(tuned200) to take some REAL pictures of it, not my blackberry BS!

I'm thinking about getting Speedline Corse decals to put on the lip or on the flat part by the lugs. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
Those look great on your Foz. :rock:

Decals, ehhh. :shrug:

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,667 Posts
WOW!!!

That is really nice looking wheel. I thought it was 19" OZ superleggera. For some reason it look really big but not too blingny.
Is that VW fitment? What is the offset?

·
Registered
04 FXT
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's actually subaru fitment, offset is i believe 48. I'm considering 5mm spacers on all four corners. As for the decals, i'm talking about the ones that most speedline wheels have stock, but these didn't for some reason.

Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
04 FXT
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the compliments! I borrowed a camera today and snapped a few real pictures. Point and shoot, but better than blackberry pictures.

And my favorite one:

·
Registered
04 FXT
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's a 2.5xt. Honestly speaking, I rarely floor the car so my response might not be as accurate as others. I haven't noticed any decrease in acceleration. In normal day to day driving, I don't feel any difference whatsoever. I'm sure that the car does accelerate slower, but you also have to consider that these are tarmac rally wheels, so they're heavy but very very strong. Perfect for a DD that I don't take racing. I did notice the braking being worse in rain, but that might be because the tires are worse than the ones i had on my 16s. The handling is most definitely much better now however because of the short sidewall. Rides SLIGHTLY rougher, but not nearly as rough as I expected.

·
Registered
04 FXT
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hahaha yeah this time i'll actually wash/wax! I agree on the tires.

I did however just do a couple WOT runs, and I definitely notice the car being slower. O well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts