Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am going to allow my company to buy my Forester to be my work vehicle. This is great because now I get to drive it without paying for it. However, the tricky part is how to price this car.

How do I value this car? KBB doesn't have pricing and I can't find any recently sold prices (used).

2014 XT with 18k miles.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT CVT
219 Posts
Black book online, edmonds, nada, might have it. if KBB had it it would be the nice as they tend to be the highest.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No info I can find on used 2014 FXT pricing. Anyone out there trade in their 14 FXT? I'm going to call a couple dealerships today and see what their offer is to get at least a trade in value.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Manual
320 Posts
if you have a CARMAX locally or near you, an option for you can be to drive up and they will give you an estimate and a print-out of what its worth.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,775 Posts
The dealer you bought it from might be willing to give you a price if you explain your situation.

Maybe ask them what they would sell it for if they bought it off you used? :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
Figure out loan terms (dunno if you borrowed or paid cash) for the entire price, subtract x# of months' worth of principal that you would have paid for the period you've owned it, and make that the price.

I gotta ask: what does "I am going to allow my company to buy my Forester" mean?

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am moving to CO and being promoted to a position that has a company car. My options are keep my Forester and drive it on weekends and continue to make my payments and pay insurance and buy a different 2013 AWD vehicle under $25k for the work vehicle. Or I can sell my Forester (as it meets all company vehicle requirements) to my company for my work use. The best thing is my company is OK with me using work vehicle for personal use. It'll be like nothing changes, except I don't have to pay for my Forester.

·
Registered
2009 2.5xt 6 Speed Swap version 8 6 speed sti trans with r180
4,150 Posts
I'm sure it's worth even more than you bought it for since theres a waiting list to get one....wink wink...nudge nudge....:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
Congrats on the promotion and the move! Exciting times, to be sure.

Then yeah, I'll go with my original recommendation, which would effectively be the same as if the company promoted you at the same time you bought the vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts