Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport 5speed
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is meant as encouragement - they are out there.

Picked up a blue 07 XT Sport, 5-speed, 61k miles, in North Carolina yesterday, Saturday. There and back in 12 hrs.

This one had been put on Autotrader around 5am friday, I saw it about 7am, left multiple messages at 8am, put a deposit down at 10am when I got a call back. The seller took the add down shortly after that - so if I'd waited till noon, say, to do my search I'd never have known that it had ever been out there. It had also been posted on Facebook apparently.

Given all of that, there were still 5 other guys ready to pick it up if I didn't take it.

I was told that it had been traded into CarMax who sold it as part of its weekly auction of cars that they decide not to keep, which apparently includes niche, non-mainstream cars, also cars that have been modified.

I had been being obsessive about scouring the net for approx a month.

Maybe this info will help someone - I'll remove this after a bit.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice!

Ever since joining the Subaru world I've been eying the second gen forester XT, and finally saw one up close, I started looking for them and they are very very scarce in Canada.

I would kill for a white one to play with, it will likely be stateside if I get the nerve to buy one.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sport 5speed
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looked at new foresters, crvs, cx-5s - didn't like for various reasons. either couldn't see out the back or, mainly, you can't get a strong engine and a manual both. seriously, could have bought new but this vehicle is not available as new by any manf.
went for the second gen forester because it has zoom, a manual and isn't 'overdone' - styling doesn't get in the way of practicality, has good practical size, good outward visibility, a flat back area, solid all wheel drive credentials.
have had the 02 wrx wagon since new and as is said - this forester is but a tall wrx!
also got a VW-R (google it) this spring so the two vehicles complement each other nicely.
going to keep this forester for forever so am going to invest and redo all the seats and carpeting, up size the torsion bars, maybe do the wrx sti rotors and brakes.
what makes this vehicle special, to me, is that you simple can't buy anything similar, and that includes buying new.
outa here

·
Registered
2010 wrx premium 5spd
32 Posts
god almost impossible to find something like that! you're so lucky, every time I see one it's either auto or just has a ridiculous amount of miles! I just found a really nice one on CL that's auto with 75k miles nicely loaded for 8k. I'm trying to convince myself I'd be okay with the auto but I just don't think I can!

·
Registered
2008 XT Sport 5 MT
213 Posts
Same reasons i picked my 08 FSXT. Solid practical design, great sight lines, performance with 5mt, and full time 4wd. Not a fan of the interior clutter, silly dash computers, timeless simple design for my tastes.

·
Registered
2008 XT Sports 5MT
45 Posts
Dangit!!! it was you!!! :) I called the guy right after you called apparently... Good snag, and let me know if you decide to sell it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts