Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 5 Speed
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
16x7 slipstream-esque wheels, 14 pounds a piece...between wheel and tire saved about 7 pounds of unsprung weight per wheel and 1 inch of overall rolling diameter. Due to offset, the wheels are also now 11 mm further out on each corner.

225/50/16 BFG T/A KDW (KDW 1, not the flame tread pattern)...not the meatiest tire in the world but the widest i could fit on this wheel

the handling is VASTLY improved. i love these BFG tires and the lower weight of the wheels really helps with the handling dynamics. probably doesn't hurt that they sit out a little further too. with a +40 et, i don't think it should pose much of a risk to my wheel bearings.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 5 Speed
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spy tinted tail lights. How did you go about that mod?

Oh ya, somehow that car looks good with those wheels
VHT nightshades spray and lots of patience. i wiped it off a few times before getting it just right. not the easiest stuff to use but looks pretty good once you figure it out.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
SO I saw the threat title and thought "ugg, white wheels", but then I saw your pix and I REALLY like it! The color and style just look right on your car.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts

LOL!

BTW TOBAY is the best venue in NY, so make sure you make one of them! there is one more next saturday, then no more tobays until the fall when beach season is over...

·
Registered
2004 FXT
233 Posts
nice setup looking good glad to see someone else running some 16s on here . ( i got 16x8 slipstreams on mine )

1 - 20 of 30 Posts