Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Base - Magnetite Gray Metallic
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is the first day I got my Forester in Magnetite Gray Metallic with Option Package 2.

Nice and clean and Stock! Nothing fancy, just a lowly lame base model for $25K Out the Door!

Then I got something in the mail and I did this:

I need HELP! :eek: :oops: o_O 馃お 馃槏

Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
Nice, but I usually see people wanting to remove all the lame badges and emblems on most cars LOL.

Registered
2019 Forester Touring
馃槃馃憤
I did the same thing with mine. Why not? They were free. And rather cute, in my opinion.
Shortly after we got the car, we took a road trip through the Dakotas and Montana. Taking a scenic drive through Theodore Roosevelt National Park, we stopped at a visitor center. I parked next to an Outback. A couple walking back to their Outback noticed my badges and he commented, "Look honey, he's got even more badges than we do."
I win. 馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, but I usually see people wanting to remove all the lame badges and emblems on most cars LOL.
Ya a clean look is cool too, but how often do you get to put free stuff on your ride?? :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
馃槃馃憤
I did the same thing with mine. Why not? They were free. And rather cute, in my opinion.
Shortly after we got the car, we took a road trip through the Dakotas and Montana. Taking a scenic drive through Theodore Roosevelt National Park, we stopped at a visitor center. I parked next to an Outback. A couple walking back to their Outback noticed my badges and he commented, "Look honey, he's got even more badges than we do."
I win. 馃槑
It is always cool to get noticed especially in our boring Subarus. :)

Ya I wanted to put more badges, I actaully had like 12 total, but left off a few so they wouldn't run on forever. I put the rainbow one on there, since it was one of the few badges to actaully have color, and I like Rainbows.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Too much WFH and China Virus, so did this little mod, only $10 (for the set)! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
OEM Subaru USB Charging Point 2 Ports 2.1 AMPS H671SSJ003 Installation / Pics / Tips and Tricks

Please reference this guide:

NOTE: I am not going every little step. Just what I ran across and with pictures. And will try to note the tricky/hard parts.

Taking off the rear piece is easy. Just use a trim tool or something like it and it comes right off.

I put in upside down the first time, but it is easy to fix. :)

Just plug in the little connector.

I only used one zip tie and the wire patch holder that came included in the kit.

At first I thought it was either one of these two pictured, but it is actually up above that at the button of the cigarette lighter (12V) that you see when you open your rear console cubby (or whatever it is called).

I was considering taking out the whole thing so I could see what I was doing, at least I figured out how to pop off my shift knob. But I was messing with it and I was feeling uncomfortable, so I wanted to try the feel and no see approach some more. The tricky picture part is coming.

Remember that this pic is something you CANNOT see, so going by feel, I thought I needed to plug it into the part on the right, not realizing the connectors that look like a T is what I actually needed. Again going by feel and not being able to see crap makes a difference here.

The finished product, tested and works great, also made sure the cigarette lighter connector inside the storage cubby still works too! Hope this helps anyone that needs to do this install in the future. Thanks for looking!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Added some green lighting to the interior oh and some $75 Halogen fog lamps ebay style!!

The fog light switch was hard as hell to fit it in the slot. Getting to the firewall grommet wasn't fun either, talk about no hand room to work! :/ And also it is not flush with the panel, but it lights up green and works and luckily I don't have OCD or whatever that disorder is that would mess with me since things aren't perfect.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Guess what I added to my lame base model. yep more lameness, can you spot the lameness?!

I got 'em really chaep, and they are Genuine OEM Subaru part, brand new. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got the part to replace the wrong Impreza version they sent me. Self installed. Hood Protector. Not too hard, took less than an hour to install. Also many pic of my lame base model...

Sorry so lame. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good keep it up! Are you going to add those door protectors you mentioned?
well I got the crimson red door edge guards for real cheap and they don't stand out too much, so I went for it, and I like 'em. I considered possibly going with crimson red side body moldings (door protectors) too to match, but for now decided against it, but who knows what the future holds. Thanks for the compliment!

Registered
2019 Subaru Forester Base Ice Silver
Your Base model looks great imo. I also have a Base Model in Ice Silver and am very interested in that silver trim below the doors and the silver trim you added to the mirrors. Can you provide more detail please? Thanks in advance! I have also added the USB in rear, Fog Lights, Side Body Moldings, and swapped the silver alloy wheels with the silver/black Premium alloys. I wish I could find a chrome exhaust tip that definitely works for the Base model without welding as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
I wish I could find a chrome exhaust tip that definitely works for the Base model without welding as well.
I guess you didn't see this Discussion:

Your Base model looks great imo.
Thank you for the compliments, also you're welcome! :)

Registered
I did miss this discussion...thanks for the link! It looks like you have been using this exhaust tip for two months or so. Is it holding up ok? I assume you just needed to tighten the three bolts evenly to the exhaust pipe to secure? This doe snot change the exhaust sound, right? Thanks again for your help!

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
I did miss this discussion...thanks for the link! It looks like you have been using this exhaust tip for two months or so. Is it holding up ok? I assume you just needed to tighten the three bolts evenly to the exhaust pipe to secure? This doe snot change the exhaust sound, right? Thanks again for your help!
Holding up good so far, although alot of Garage time lately.

Yep 3 bolts, kinda tricky but do-able.

I never paid attention to the difference in the exhaust note. I think they are the same as far as I can tell.

I love to help, especially fellow lowly base model owners like myself. :)

Registered
Holding up good so far, although alot of Garage time lately.

Yep 3 bolts, kinda tricky but do-able.

I never paid attention to the difference in the exhaust note. I think they are the same as far as I can tell.

I love to help, especially fellow lowly base model owners like myself. :)
Excellent, I will give this a try on my Base Forester!

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Washed my ride, and took some in the Lockdown pics with some built-in special effects... I took these with my Cell phone which is an Asus R.O.G. Phone 2 and some people want to say how bad the camera sucks, I beg to differ, love this phone and of course my ride!!

Front angle

Middle angle

Rear angle

On a side note, I remember when I first got my Forester, I felt the alloy wheels were lacking, kinda dull, not all I had hoped they could be, but man over time they are really growing on me! :)

Registered
I like the silver alloys with the gray Forester. The silver trim you added below the doors makes them really work in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts