Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Excellent work. I love that. Did you actually cut down the shifter stud, or just use a short knob?

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Damn that does look good. I wonder if a WRX shifter surround is the same shape.. i see one for $20 here in socal

·
Registered
2000 Forester
263 Posts
:huh:So people will look thinking you have a MT...but you dont!:biggrin: I like!

·
Registered
1998 Forester
95 Posts
well after much wrestling with my shifter :chair: i've found out i can't replace it with anything better looking, so this is what i've got so far:
before

after

i need to fine tune the boot but any ideas are appreciated.
cheers AJ.

·
Registered
08 Audi RS4 6 speed man
156 Posts
i got a extra STI one laying around... thanks for the idea...

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
The 05-07 WRX uses an identical surround as the 03-08 Forester, so it will snap right into place. Even better is to find an 05-07 STi trim piece with the fancy aluminum trim ring around the boot.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
The 05-07 WRX uses an identical surround as the 03-08 Forester, so it will snap right into place. Even better is to find an 05-07 STi trim piece with the fancy aluminum trim ring around the boot.
Awesome thanks for the info! Yeah that trim ring is around $50 by itself IIRC! Nevermind! Just checked SGP.. it's $95!!!

·
Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,923 Posts
Great look, very sporty.

Years ago I bought an integra and the guy installed a shift boot, it looked like crap. I took it for an immediate oil change and the kid at quicke lube asked "umm, where is your clutch" and as I explained myself he gave me the :huh: look

but I like this one, lol

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
That is an incredibly clever idea.......I may just have to steal that one from you :biggrin: (being that I have black leather seats, that would match up perfectly.) Very sporty, yet classy, great job.

·
Registered
2004 XT
825 Posts
subscribed!!!

^^ i agree with you Blue Fox i have the black leather as well and it would look soo clean with that boot too!

Sea-scooby so that means that the 05-07 sti shifters fit right in as well?

1 - 20 of 134 Posts