Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS Auto
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I drove over one of those median things that divide opposite sides of the roads from each other (not on purpose). My car went over it, went down with a loud bang, and the rest of the car made it over.

I inspected the damage and it seems that my plastic cover right under the engine is damaged. Nothing else I can see is damaged. I don't see leaking any where and my check engine light isnt on... What possible damages might my car have? What should I look for?

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
Damaged wheel, messed up alignment.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS 4EAT (sob)
431 Posts
Is that like a tall curb or something? I have no idea what you're talking about lol.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Have you driven more then one time in you're life?..:huh:

I would def get it checked out though, a loud bang doesn't sound good.
OH MY GOD DUH. I read it again and totally realized what you were talking about! Hahahaha sorry I haven't slept for a looong time :)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS Auto
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Asphalt Road surface Floor Soil Road Soil Tree Road surface Road Asphalt Grass Water Road surface Sidewalk Soil Asphalt Road Grass Soil Sky

So here's some pictures I took of the concrete stump thing.

I was driving a little faster than I should of in a residential area. A bicyclist came out from the sidewalk onto the street out of nowhere and I swerved to avoid hitting him. I ran onto the grass over the concrete thing.

I parked my car in an indoor garage over night and will check if there are any oil puddle on the ground under the car.

Also looking at the concrete divider, It seems that the sides of the car (where the jack points are) scraped on both sides. So I don't know where it might of hit, but I'm going to take a measurement of the height of the concrete divider and see possible things Low enough to make contact.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi 4EAT
1,430 Posts
So you drove up on the curb?! lol
Damn bicycles! Becareful next time bro.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
Wow.:huh: From the scrapes and slide marks (from tires sliding I guess?) you were going a little faster than "driving a little faster than I should of in a residential area." Wow, sometimes I feel more and more like my dad. Just be glad no kids had run out in front of you.
The scrape marks look to be consistant with the low points of the Forester. Jacking points, frame rails, etc. If your engine oil and transmission pans seem to be ok, then the things you need to look for are broken belts in your tire sidewalls (buldging areas on sidewalls or "dented" areas on sidewalls). If you see either, park it and replace the tire(s). You may have also cracked a wheel and 85% chance you knocked it out of alignment.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ouch... Hitting curbs is not a fun experience. Especially considering the speed you were going at.

·
Registered
2015 CRV EX Automatic
124 Posts
So your quick thinking and actions behind the wheel saved a bicyclist from a terrible fate. Sounds like an urban hero to me. And you care a lot about your Forester too, so you belong here. Good job, Dude!!

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,948 Posts
So you drove up on the curb?! lol
Damn bicycles! Becareful next time bro.
lol :N_poke: We all make mistakes...it took me a while to learn how to drive my dad. Eventually I drove lots slower.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS Auto
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya im definitely going to be going slower next time. I'm so used to going faster on this street next to my dorm because it is essentially an arterial that isnt an arterial haha.

I parked the car over night in the garage. No leaking oil or anything under the car. So thats good.
I will check the tires and wheels next. The car runs as if nothing is wrong, but I want to raise it somewhere and take a look underneath.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts