Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I am very interested in buying. I am just trying to learn everything I can about the car. I am in love with my car, but I am moving to Seattle, and my love would just not tolerate the weather. He is old and his time is about to come. I just want to make sure that I will be getting a car that I love as much and will be as good to me as he was. My car's name is Forest, so I feel like the Forester is a good sign. I'm a dork, I know.

Does anyone have anything they would like to share about their car or their experience with the Forester? I would very much appreciate anything you guys would have to offer. =]]]]

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
I thought in Seattle it mainly rained a lot, not a lot of snow/ice? I could be wrong though. What car do you own now? Best way to decide is to go test drive one equipped the same or similar to what you think you might want.

·
Registered
203 Posts
All I can say is read and ask questions here and you are bound to find the answers if the Forester is the right car for you or not.
What year are you looking at getting? I drove a Malibu for the last 6 yrs and now we added a '10 Forester and I love it so far. Great in the snow, great sight lines, and rides well. For in town driving I find the 170hp engine to be perfectly adequate, it won't put you back in your seat when you stomp it on the highway but its so rare that I do that that it doesn't bother me.
Any questions you have ask away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I own a 1997 Saturn SL2. It freezes over in San Diego when it gets into the fifties, so I just don't want to deal with that. Also, because it does rain so much, and my wind shield wipers are complete crap, I dont want to pay to have them fixed. Plus, a new city, a new start. It seems like the perfect time for a new car.
I actually plan on test driving some Foresters when I go back up to Seattle in two weeks. I'm just looking to get as familiar as I can with the car in the mean time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am looking to get a second or third generation. I haven't nailed down exactly what year quite yet.

Also, I am happy to hear it rides well in snow. I plan on going camping a lot. and taking it up into the mountains. I've watched youtube videos and it seems to handle mud perfectly well too. So that makes me happy :)

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,109 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Any reason to join the Forester family is a good one! :wink:

The earlier Forester did have head gasket issues, so if you're looking at one of those & it hasn't been changed, it might fail... or it might not. If you go with one that has high miles, the timing belt change is due around 105K miles & that's one service you don't want to wait too long to do. :icon_eek:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
^^ If you're looking for more room in the back for passengers, the 09/10s in comparison to the previous models offer a lot more space... Plus I figure more room in the boot... And possibly are a bit more suv-like... But I LOVE my 09.... Best car I've ever had... and my first Subie!

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
:(.... Shop around! You may find a good deal around somewhere! I didn't really like the look that much of my Forester at first, but I've grown to LOVE it.... And I've made some exterior mods along the way so its right at where I want it to be :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts