Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Photos added below.

I opened my CDM HID lights up this weekend and added LED's to the eyebrows and painted the housings satin black. Photos to come when I get a new tri pod.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
lol, u swore you wouldnt! cant wait to see finished pics! i just wish the cdms for the amount of money were real projector hids. not the standard housing w/ oem hid bulbs/ballasts...

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
wow those dont even look like HIDs in comparison, very yellowish - almost like the stock bulbs... you might have to step up to some 6k+ bulbs to match.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
Do you have to remove the entire front bumper to get the headlights out? I've been thinking about "exploring" my headlights too, but haven't dove in yet...
Bumper removal doesn't look so fun.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
I like it. Very well done.

Do NOT swap to 6k+ bulbs. Stick with the 4300 to 4500 range. You have a really great light setup right now. Don't ruin it! I just wish we could figure out the leveling switch, so you'd REALLY have an ideal light setup.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow those dont even look like HIDs in comparison, very yellowish - almost like the stock bulbs... you might have to step up to some 6k+ bulbs to match.
It looks alot better in person. I dont think I will switch bulbs since im a cheapskate.

I like it. Very well done.

Do NOT swap to 6k+ bulbs. Stick with the 4300 to 4500 range. You have a really great light setup right now. Don't ruin it! I just wish we could figure out the leveling switch, so you'd REALLY have an ideal light setup.
Thanks Phil. I actually used play doh crap and made a copy of the plug I need so if by chance I go to the junkyards I can look around for something close for the level switches.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have to remove the entire front bumper to get the headlights out? I've been thinking about "exploring" my headlights too, but haven't dove in yet...
Bumper removal doesn't look so fun.
Yes, there is a good write up on the forum for how to remove it. After you figure it out, its really only a 15 minute job.

Looks great! I have been really considering the LED in the eyebrows. Think I will jump, too:biggrin:
I say do it!:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
Thanks Phil. I actually used play doh crap and made a copy of the plug I need so if by chance I go to the junkyards I can look around for something close for the level switches.
Is THAT all you need? A connector? Really?

Welcome to Molex son!

Put in the number of rows, the number of pins, and *POP* out comes a bunch of connectors with the right configuration. Just pick the one that suits the dimensions you need and place the order!

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
could you add a daytime photo? i would like to see how the paint job looks :)
what LEDs did you use exactly? very bright, it looks like a led strip, they are firing forward.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts