Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday there was a Subaru dyno session at Extreme and I stopped by just to watch the numbers people pull. While being there I mentioned to Brian (a guy I know who is working there now) that I did not get the A/F ratio last time I was dynoing here and he said that I can get it this time as a continuation of my previous session. (meaning for free :D )

So, here are the numbers, even better than the last time as this time I could let my car to cool off before putting it on the rollers.

As you can see I'm running even reacher than normal, so I guess this tune can be considered to be safe enough. Also it shows that Jarrad at PDXTuning did not try to squize the highest possible numbers being more considerate of the safety than numbers - exactly what I needed. And it also shows that 16G being almost the same size as VF39 has a potential quite higher than VF39 has.

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
SA-WEET!!!

Anything between 250 WHP, and under 300 is something I would like for my FXT. I'm going to guess yours is at 350 flywheel HP or so?

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
Nice numbers man!! With those A/F ratios you certainly have more power available if you wanted it, but as you mentioned having those kind of numbers and knowing you are aren't on the ragged edge is pretty impressive!

Jeff

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. Yes, assuming an average 20% friction loss my crank hp is 343.56. However the torque numbers look even more impressive - 391.44 :D On wet road the car is torque-steering in 3rd :D ... and no, I'm not having bald tires :D

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Nice numbers.. =) I want to dyno again. But I figured I'd just do it when I upgrade turbos again.. hehe.

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are you finally going 20G? :)

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
Anything between 250 WHP, and under 300 is something I would like for my FXT. I'm going to guess yours is at 350 flywheel HP or so?

I wouldnt mind like 375-450 at t he wheels on a forester....
And would definitly never go with any vf series turbo!

But thats just me just a kid from detroit......

Those are some nice numbers and yes pdx tuning tunes very conservative from what I hear.

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
DonutKing said:
I wouldnt mind like 375-450 at t he wheels on a forester....
And would definitly never go with any vf series turbo!

But thats just me just a kid from detroit......

Those are some nice numbers and yes pdx tuning tunes very conservative from what I hear.
I wouldn't mind either. But I do want reliability + low cost maintenance.

You know the old saying - you wanna play, you gotta pay? Well, I'm a cheap [email protected] I want to play, but don't want to pay. LOL

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jackie, thanks again for your help. It's great to have you around!

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ZuMBLe said:
And maybe alky if I want a bit more.
You know what the law says about driving under influence, don't you. :D

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I feel like I'm driving under the influence each time my car goes in to boost.. ;)

Aleksey said:
You know what the law says about driving under influence, don't you. :D

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Hey aleksey,

Since you seem to have an endless bank account for dyno runs and me being in the situation of needing a dyno run w/ A/F analysis...well, you know where this is going....:p

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sirwilliam said:
Hey aleksey,

Since you seem to have an endless bank account for dyno runs and me being in the situation of needing a dyno run w/ A/F analysis...well, you know where this is going....:p
go read the first post again :p this one was for free. Nevertheless, dyno days at Extreme cost only $60 for 3 pulls. At least this was the price both times I participated. Seem to be pretty reasonable for 3 runs.

·
Registered
399 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
Going by that math.. I have 345 crank hp.. WOOO!! 345 x 0.8 = 276
My point is that the whp on the dyno plot is 286.3. Given Aleksey's statement of 20% driveline loss.. simple math to find the crank hp would be 286.3/0.8=357.875 crank hp. Not sure if you are being cynical or what.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts