Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finaly got the Impreza KYB suspension fitted. Was a straight swap apart from having to use Forester rear tophats. Cornering is a lot better, doesnt bounce around like it used to. But it seems a little too low and the back looks like it's sagging a little so am now on the lookout for a set of wagon springs.

And a bit of trim. :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know. :icon_redface:They are cheap second hand ones. Once the suspension is where it needs to be and the tracking/alignment sorted I'll invest in some decent tyres.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
I like the bullit hole affect on the C pillar.

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
doesn't look low to me ...back end looks slightly saggy but only a smidge ...get some lowering springs for the front instead:woohoo:

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
it helps if you can hold the camera level. I have adjusted the photo so its more on the level and it doesnt look as bad:biggrin:

in my opinion is just right :rock:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
With a horizontal vehicle the arch gap f > r is different, so that always makes it look more rear down than it actually is.

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking that it could be the photo, the car park is on a slope. The car still has a problem. I changed the suspension because the left hand rear strut was a KYB non SLS, while the right hand rear was a green SLS. When the car is turning right I get a kind of grinding noise from the rear, I always assumed that it was the knackered strut. But now they've been changed it still happens but only under aceleration, if I coast round the corner it doesnt do it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
was the replacement strut/springs secondhand ? If so could just be another dodgy one of those maybe ? could be anything from a wheel bearing to bushes , on my old impreza the exhaust used to catch on the underneath of the bodywork giving a horrible grindy noise when turning right , if you didn't know it you would have thought it was a suspension problem but was actually just a broken hanger....... you need to get it on a ramp to have a nose underneath :biggrin:
car looks great lower by the way :) ...a nice set of rims would make it look sweet !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts