Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
'98 Forester S-turbo 5MT
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to whatever Diety or power-that-be or your choice, for SNOW this year...and lots of it.

That is all, Aaaahhhhh-mennnnnnn.

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,434 Posts
Don't mind it for a day or 2 but after that it can 'do one' as far as i'm concerned ....I do a fair amount of driving and all it does is cause chaos and accidents

·
Registered
2000 Forester Turbo Manual
144 Posts
Don't mind it for a day or 2 but after that it can 'do one' as far as i'm concerned ....I do a fair amount of driving and all it does is cause chaos and accidents
Agreed, and four wheel drive is great but as soon as you hit the middle pedal it won't help you much, a good tyre on a two wheel drive car would be a better choice IMHO than a four wheel drive on summer tyres

·
Registered
98 sf - gls manual
1,119 Posts
i loved snow till i got this job, now i have to clear a 50 space car park on my own with a plastic shovel........

unless we can pre book it for a time im off work lol

·
Registered
2003 forester 2.0 xt at
698 Posts
Bring it on, i love snow. I fired up my new snowblower last week (we need one, we only have 1 subaru, wifey drives a corolla verso...)

·
Registered
2000 Impreza, 2003 Bugeye Sport, 2010 Base, 2014 Base, 2015 Premium, 2017 Limited, 2020 Touring
1,020 Posts
Boo, no snow do I want.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,785 Posts
When you have to drive/struggle to work through it it gets old. Even now that I'm retired..I can do without it. Had enough for a lifetime.

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,972 Posts
Boo, no snow do I want.
Never knew Yoda drove a Foz! :biggrin::N_poke:

I like snow, in convenient weekend blasts. Allows for some fun in the car, some fun out playing with the family, nice hot toddy/mulled wine gathering and a 'snow fire pit' with some grub, then back to work with no disruption. That's the way!!

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
^^^ mdg is tinkering in his garage as we speak...

To the nice car park attendant at Sheff arena with the z3; if it snows a lot please leave the gate to the coach park open again!! Many thanks :)

Mike

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
00 I've had allsorts both
1,376 Posts
Who the hell want's snow?..

...I have had many AWD drive cars over the years as i like their sure footed handling and the benefit of increased traction in summer & winter with the correct tyres on....But i do not like following a cavalcade of motorists who have not prepared themselves mentally and have not prepared their vehicles for the Snow & Ice conditions they find themselves in!

How many of us this coming winter (with winter tyres on) are going to be pushing the limits of traction with our cars?......I will be at times (i am that kinda bloke :rock:)..However, be mindful of the less daring and those vehicles which may be on the other side of the road and out of control :icon_eek: or possibly trying to follow you and run out of braking distance as you get shunted from behind!!

Safe driving chaps .

·
Vendor
2017 Camaro SS 6spd Manual
925 Posts
I used to hate the rain, but now that I have a 240sx it's the greatest thing ever!

I imagine that's probably how you Subaru owners feel, with your fancy AWD cars lol

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester 2.5i Prem CVT
202 Posts
to whatever Diety or power-that-be or your choice, for SNOW this year...and lots of it.

That is all, Aaaahhhhh-mennnnnnn.
Paraphrasing from Fiddler on the Roof - "May the Lord bless and keep the snow...far away from me!"

·
Registered
2015 Fiat van Man stick
4,808 Posts
I've just noticed something in the image. The snow/ice is totally melted from where the scoop should be! This is a clear indication that all NA's want turbo's fitting. It's a sign!:woohoo:

:N_poke:How on earth does it move with the extra weight? Good job it has a low box otherwise it'd be pinned to the floor till spring.:monkey_dance:

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Turbo Manual
797 Posts
My experience locally:

If it starts snowing during office hours then stay off the roads until the following morning. After that the clueless generally give up and leave their cars at home, so those of us who do know what we're doing can have some fun!

The main danger is the special people. Like the one who thought noodling around in a Mundaneo at the bottom of a steep icy hill was a good idea. I haven't a clue what they were playing at, they were just stopped dead on my side of the road when I was descending the hill and thinking "I can keep in a straight line, but I can't stop..." Luckily it levelled out enough that I didn't hit them! There was a junction less than a car length away that they could have pulled into to get out of the way, but that's expecting a bit much of the "total lack of consideration" brigade...

Everyone should have mandatory off road driver training, it'd do wonders for teaching how big cars actually are, how to drive on loose surfaces, where it's an epically stupid idea to stop and so on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts