Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Family, Friends, Colleagues, and Team Mates,

I am again abusing the privilage of having your email address by sending you another mass mailing. For those of you who are used to long political rants, this is not one. A few co-workers and I have taken on a "St. Baldrick's Foundation St. Patty's Day Party." The Readers' Digest explanation is this: We are throwing a big St. Patty's Day party at a local bar, where about 60 Firefighters, EMT's and Paramedics are going to shave their heads as a sign of solidarity with victims of pediatric cancer. Along with this outward physical sign of support, we are also trying to raise money for the same cause. I am including each of you on this email because I know that we all want to do a little something to help those little ones who have childhood cancers, and do something to help further research to prevent and cure ALL cancers.

We will be hosting the event at Santa Rosa's "Last Day Saloon" on 5th St. on Friday March 17th. The party is going to have two parts, from about 6pm-8 or 9pm there will be family entertainment, head shaving, and Corned Beef and Cabage dinner (served by the Last Day Restaraunt, nominal fee). As the family entertainment is wrapping up, we will kick the party into high gear in traditional St. Patty's day style. Music, Dancing, Interactive Entertainment, Drinking, and of course LOTS of headshaving.

There are lots of ways you can help this great cause. The first and easiest is go to my "Shavee" webpage (http://www.stbaldricks.org/ShaveePhoto.asp?SolNumber=15330779) and donate using your Visa, MC, etc. The second is by making a cash or check donation, in any amount, to me in person. The third (and may be combined with the first or second :) ) is by attending our St. Patty's Bash and being a part of our night of fun and hope.

Thanks for your support,

Mikey

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
I shaved my head because it was too hot with long hair (had been growing it for over 3 years)

But good on your for doing it for a worthy cause. Just remember to put sunscreen on your head.

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
yea thats awesome that your doing it for a good cause, but how short are you cutting it, just shaved my off last night
bald ;)

·
Premium Member
2016 2.5i Premium CVT
910 Posts
I teach at an elementary school have to tell you about a sight that brings tears to the eye. A couple of years ago, we had a kindergartener with a rare form of cancer. The only possible medical option wasn't covered by the family's health insurance (don't get me started), so the school held a series of fund-raisers for the little fella. The final touch was seen one Monday morning in the Spring when the morning playground was covered with classmates and friends of all ages - with newly shaved heads and huge smiles. The kids have been doing it every year ever since.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be straight razor bald!!!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
I applaud you, sir.

It's not much, but I know my donation will go to a great cause.

Cheers!
Souky

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mikey, your in Sebastopol. I grew up out there. Post office said we lived in Sebastopol, but Occidental was just a few miles away.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Silverbullet555 said:
Mikey, your in Sebastopol. I grew up out there. Post office said we lived in Sebastopol, but Occidental was just a few miles away.
No way! Another Sebastopolian?? Roo and I live in Sebastopol too. :grin:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Too funny. What a small world.

Plead, I just noticed your location. Growing up we loved the backroads of out in the west side from Sebastopol out to the coast. We knew all the bumps and where to cut corners and how to make good time. Some great roads to drive.

Sorry to Hijak the thread; I'll stop now.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Silverbullet555 said:

Plead, I just noticed your location. Growing up we loved the backroads of out in the west side from Sebastopol out to the coast. We knew all the bumps and where to cut corners and how to make good time. Some great roads to drive.

Where do you live now? BTW, to put my "on topic" response in here:

I'll be there to support you, Mikey...

·
Administrator
29,450 Posts
Silverbullet555 said:

Best roads on the planet! :grin: We're planning a little outing for Forester owners in May that will involve a good portion of those roads. ;-)
[/hijack]

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Silverbullet555 said:
I'm up in Reno. The world center of rock chips to your hood.
That's why this board has Chad. He's not something hanging from a Florida ballot, but a purveyor of some of the best paint protection money can buy.

·
Registered
2005 LGT Limited wagon
553 Posts
i've had my head buzzed for many years now. that's a great cause, one of my fiance's friend's daughters was diagnosed with leukemia a couple of years ago. it's in remission but she still has chemo for another year and a half.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My bangs are down past my eyes. Back and sides are short. So it will be a huge change for me. Plus I have to go to a wedding the next day.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump, hope to see all the bay area people out this weekend, remember its for the kids!!!

·
Administrator
29,450 Posts
Roo and I will be there for sure! :biggrin:

·
Administrator
29,450 Posts
bump for soon-to-be-bald Mikey! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts