Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester "S"
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 215/65/16 Yoko AT's are suddenly rubbing on the spring perches. On my back left perch the rubber coating has been worn off. It was always VERY close but I went all last Fall and Winter and never noticed any contact. I just checked them and sure enough...RUBBING! I scares me a bit and I hate to have a blowout because of this. Anyone else have this happen? There is a space as it sits parked but it's small. Any suggestions beside buying new tires? That's what I am considering right now.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Where is it rubbing? The top of the tread is rubbing the underside of the perch? Or is it more the side of the tire?

The only thing I can think of is the alignment is off or you have a wheel bearing failing, allowing the hub and wheel to move a bit more when driving that it lets it rub.

·
Registered
2000 Forester "S"
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After more inspection I think the signs of rubbing was caused by debris from the winter weather. My tires are fine and it was just crap building up and causing wear on the perches. However the clearance is VERY close and has always had me a bit on edge with this size of tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts