Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Eternal Noob
2003 2.5x
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well because of all of you I now own a 2003 Forester X :woohoo:

I should have pictures soon, but for now I have some questions.

I thought I read something about a source list, something where I can see suggested places to buy stuff for the fozzie. Does this exist?

My short list includes;
Front bump bar (plus lighting)
Interior center console (tall armrest?)
a dog barrier for the cargo area
and tires

Thanks all for the help so far!

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Congratulations Vince

We hope you'll check out our supporting vendors, Annapolis Subaru and Grayson Subaru. From what I've read around here they have excellent pricing and it gets there fast. They should also be able to confirm your armrest query. From what I recall they have an sliding armrest extension that works better than the fixed armrest. I'm not sure if it alters the height.

Check around (I'm sure you have) the lighting threads for ideas. You may want to check out what the laws are for running additional driving lights in your state. Personally I like the stealthy look behind the grill if I were going to add lights.

As far as a dog barrier, I have both the OEM and an aftermarket. I prefer the aftermarket, it's a friction fit between the floor and ceiling and adjustable bars across, and easy to remove.

Tires.....everyone has an opinion and many will be different. Take a look at Tire Rack and check out some of their surveys. Keep in mind your Subaru will perform better in the winter with dedicated snows and I'd recommend factoring that into your plans. You can usually pick up rims on either craigslist or check out NASIOC, and from time to time somebody's wheels will show up here for sale.

Good Luck with your ride.

·
Eternal Noob
2003 2.5x
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info about the dog gate. I will look into aftermarket :)

I can't decide if I want to keep stock wheels or go with new bronze wheels (always wanted a green car with bronze wheels)

I will also check the supporting subie dealers to see about the new armrest.

Vince

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,973 Posts
Congratulation on the new '03 X from another '03 X owner! :biggrin:

Looking forward to the pictures! 5 more posts & you can link to a host, much easier than using the attachment method. :wink:

Bobby...

'07 FSXT MODding Journal
'03 X MODding Journal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts