Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forster XS Premium
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Just bought an 03 Forester XS Premium automatic in black with 85,500km. Thing is in great shape, only ever touched by the dealer. The 7 year warranty just ran out in november and the owner had all new brakes put on it in february.

Now, it has 2 issues. Right rear wheel bearing is toast (failed inspection because of it). I have the bearing, but haven't found a garage with the capability to replace it without removing the whole assembly (ergo needing to have new bolts & bushings on hand if using heat cooks/ruins them). Hoping the dealer has the capability.

Other issue is that the motor for the front wiper fluid doesn't engage when I hit the lever - rather unfortunate. I haven't had a chance to get into it yet; hoping to tomorrow - any suggestions or links?

I've got the service history and this car has had a lot of work completed; from #2 & 4 pistons being replaced, trans clutches being replaced, air bag plugs under the seats being replaced to heat shields being shimmed to stop rattle and some other stuff.

I've driven ancient toyotas forever, so high maintenance isn't an issue for me. I had intended to swap out all the fluids until I got into the history and realized it was all changed at 72,000km - woot.

But I will be putting mobil 1 synthetic, new air filter & new wipers on it in the coming weeks (hate the winter wipers that are on it).

:banana:

·
Registered
2010 Base
1 Posts
First T)

Hi All,

I just got here today. Last Saturday I rolled my 04 Rav 4, in an accident that was not my fault (thank goodness)!! Last night I went out looking for a new car and came home with a 2010 Subaru Forester. I was really amazed at the balance and maneuverability it had. We live in a small town in South Alabama just north of Mobile. Out in the country with lots of dirt roads. Looking forward to a great time with this car.

·
Registered
2003 Forster XS Premium
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a handfull of pics in "my gallery" - the car is still in winter mode with the sexy oem silver steelies; however the stock aluminums are in the garage in tire bags - I literally haven't looked at them and have NO IDEA what they look like. All I know is they're dirty as hell and probably need new rubber - which won't happen until next year as I just bought Yokohama V4S for the womans car and the tires I have are in better shape then her old ones - we'll see how they play out this summer.

My detailer friend has to get at a couple salt stains on the passenger front carpet and a couple juice stains on the same side mat.

I've got to look into my sound system some more - see if it will play MP3's or if I'll swap the deck out of my old POS into it - it's a few years old, but it was a $400 deck - it's still good haha.

No immediate mod plans - maybe some rally armor flaps just to set it off from stock - but I've got to spend too much on the house renos/decking/fencing/landscaping this season - I just had to upgrade my ride. lol

·
Registered
2013 Forester XT
2 Posts
New Foz owner, 2013 XT, coming from a 2018 WRX base. I loved that WRX! I’m hoping the Foz will give me the same excitement driving it. I’m already looking into customizing it to my liking and making it more thrilling to drive! I love the extra room!

·
Registered
'14 Forester XT Touring
512 Posts
Welcome,
Everything you listed can be done with basic tools and good ol' DIY effort.
The wiper issues is easy fix, you need new nozzles, new t-connections, and new wiper cowl fasteners

Wheel bearings: heat gun or propane torch, heavy mallet, elbow grease.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts