Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

I am allergic to...

3K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Nick D 
#1 ·
...Dumptrucks. Red and white volvo diesels to be exact. Especially ones that decide to come into your lane while you are heading home after a long day. :yell:

Happened yesterday. I was in my dad's car since my forester is still getting the engine put together. I was in the center left lane and this dumptruck decides to merge into the driver side front and rear doors. So the state cop couldn't make a judgement call since we had moved to the side of the road to get out of the way of traffic and the driver of the dumptruck said we were both merging at the same time :yell: I asked the state cop if I should have just sat there in the middle of the road and he said no, you should have moved out of the way otherwise it would have caused more accidents...so basically, damned if you do, damned if you don't. :yell: I should have just stayed stopped right where the accident happened. I am never being thoughtful ever again when it comes to accidents :yell:

At least I am still alive...thank God for that.

More details later as this unfolds :icon_frown:

#2 ·
Will... I hereby put $10 towards a fund to get you an invisible protection bubble!

When I was merging onto 95S one time outside of the Franconia/Springfield area, I was in my dad's '07 Z4 ///M Coupe, following him down to NC. There was a dump truck like that, except he would not move over to let me in. He had space on the other side. I slowed down, sped up, but he was pacing me. Wall was closing on the right. Sport button, 3rd gear, WOT and squeezed in in front of him. It was so close I changed my pants afterwards as a precautionary measure. I hate dump trucks, and the clowns that drive them.

#20 ·
yeah, I didn't want to get out of my car with idiots driving in my area during rush hour. I did whip out the cell phone when I got to the shoulder. Next time, I will just sit there and have the police come out to stop traffic. With the pics I took and the location that he hit me, I still might come out okay. Talked to the other person's insurance yesterday. Won't know anything else until next week sometime.

#21 ·
Xterra's

I am sorry to hear about your dads ride. You really have to watch those trucks all along the beltway and 95. They just kind of go as they will other cars be damned. You can always go jaguar on those guys, but who really wants to swap paint with a dump truck.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.