Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just picked up my 04 Aspen White FXT. She has the manual transmission and just a touch over 50k. I drove her back from San Diego, where I bought it, just yesterday. It was quite the bonding experience. Even before picking up the car, I already had the mod bug. I've already ordered Konis and will be using the SPT Pink wagon springs. With that ball rolling, I figured I might as well get the wheels rolling too.

I keep changing my mind, but as of now I am looking closely at the Rota G-Forces in 17x8 and running something like a 245/45/17. Hopefully I shouldn't have any rubbing issues there. One thing I am not too keen on with the G-Forces is the fact that the spokes look like they come out further than the edge of the rim. It seems less drastic and negligible on the small 17s. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyhow, to compliment the Aspen White, I am thinking Hyper Black or Gold are the best choices? What do you guys think? The will also be tint, probably 35%, and a Yakima rack just to give you an idea of what she'll look like. Examples of similar Foresters would be great to see too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TSTRBOY2004, what do you think of the black now that you've painted them? I always thought black would be the best color for white, but it's starting to scare me a bit. I thought the hyper black seemed like a nice compromise as it's more gray for lack of a better term. I have gunmetal on my silver SVT Contour and love that, but also don't just want to do the same thing again. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The concave I like, it's the convex that I don't. The attached shows what I am talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Subconsciously I must be. :icon_cool:
I take it these are 17x8s here on Legacy's FXT. Does anyone know what tire size he is running?
It's images like this that make me think gold is the obvious choice.

EDIT: I just answered my own question:
Rota G-Force which are based on the Advan RS wheels
17x8 ET48 19.5 lbs on digital scale

Hankook RS-2 245/45/17

The RS-2 is a very meaty tire, the thread pattern spills over onto the sidewall giving the impression that the profile is higher than it is. The local WRX guys are amazed when I tell them I'm running 245's as that's typically too wide for them.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Subconsciously I must be. :icon_cool:
I take it these are 17x8s here on Legacy's FXT. Does anyone know what tire size he is running?
It's images like this that make me think gold is the obvious choice.

EDIT: I just answered my own question:
Rota G-Force which are based on the Advan RS wheels
17x8 ET48 19.5 lbs on digital scale

Hankook RS-2 245/45/17

The RS-2 is a very meaty tire, the thread pattern spills over onto the sidewall giving the impression that the profile is higher than it is. The local WRX guys are amazed when I tell them I'm running 245's as that's typically too wide for them.
yup, that would be the info on that setup... sorry I didn't include that with my quote.

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
6,091 Posts
GOLD!!! Then again, I'm biased. I think all Subies should have gold wheels.

You should be fine running that setup, no rubbing issues. Enjoy and get some photos up.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
GOLD for sure man.I got 05XT aspen white and just put goldies yesterday.Look sexy...Will post some pics for sure

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I think it's pretty clear that now I am excited about gold as apposed to confused. The G-Force looks fantastic in gold and I think it will look equally fantastic in that spec on white. I can't tell you home many times I've seen a wrx or sti with the white/gold combo and drooling a little bit down the front side of my shirt.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Ha ha, someone else beat me to whoring out my own pics !! Yes, I vote gold as well. The spokes don't stick out IIRC, that black wheel may be a 17x9 ET35 for the hella flush crowd. Wheels for that crowd tends to exentuate the bulge look. I can always look at my set in the basement tonight when I'm home.

Congrats on the Aspen White, I had an AP 05XT and ran gold Ver 7 wheels on it, looked great. Search around and you'll find pics of that setup as well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My goodness, the urge to order now is over whelming. I won't be surprised if I submit an order by the end of the day. I'm going to assume everyone will suggest wheeldude.com as the preferred retailer. At $700 shipped it doesn't seems like a bad deal. Do you all know if center caps will be included?

Legacy, are your wheels just off for winter in BC or are you running something else now? I only ask because I would consider buying if you're selling.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts