Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've created this video to help see the issue
The cable has popped out of the white thing, so now I can't control which vent the conditioned air comes out of (floor, main vents, windshield, etc.). The cable is bent. I think what happened is in the winter in -20C weather, the whole mechanism was stiff, and I forced it, and the cable buckled and popped out of the white thing.

Does anyone know if this is easy to fix? Is this a DIY fix for an amaeur or am I better off bringing my car in to a repair shop? (I pulled the HVAC cover off easily enough to see the inside per the video.) Thanks very much.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,028 Posts
@Peterzz take a look at this thread: linkage for the vent controls not working - SOLVED!

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts