Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Whitby, Ontario, Canada.

I consider myself a huge wagon fan, promising myself never to drive a car that has a trunk after purchasing and driving an is300 wagon. Loved the car, but hated how horribly the RWD performed in the wintertime.

I was initially looking into the Legacy wagon until I saw an FXT in a grocery store parking lot one day. I started looking into them and I'm all but convinced that a Forester XT has to be my next car.

I'm currently looking into importing a 2008 FXT Sport from the US. I'm almost positive that we didn't get this particular trim (with the sport bumper and black tail lights and headlight surrounds) here in Canada.

I've been having a great time reading up on the Foz in this forum. You guys and gals are a great bunch of people that love your cars.

Cheers :Banane35:

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, glad you found us.

If you haven't already had a look around you should check out some of our Members Journals, 2.5X_sleeper's has been viewed over 41,000 times!
Duderotomy another member from Ontario also imported his FXT, definitely worth checking out. Heck spend a few hours and have a look at them all.

Keep us up to date with your search.

Cheers

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,799 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Good luck on your Forester search! There's lots of very good information here on the forum for all the model years. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,739 Posts
Welcome to the Subaru family. It's good to see another Canadian join in the fun.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls!
We did actually get an FXT Sports model in Canada in 2008, but it closer ressembled the USDM model from 2007. (black roof rails, chrome lights, 5-spoke wheels, no front lip spoiler)
It came with HID's as standard however, which none of the USDM models came with.
I imported a 2007 model FSXT from New York back in 2008, and eventually swapped on the parts that were lacking from it compared to a 2008 model.

Check out my journal to see what I did: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/duderotomys-07-fsxt-photo-chronicle-nsf-56k-42082/
The importing process isn't that difficult, and I'd definitely recommend it since the chances of finding an authentic Canadian-Spec 2008 Forester Sports XT is going to be tough...

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the PNW...

joe r

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,065 Posts
cars101 is a site run by a Subaru dealer in Washington state. It's a great place for research into things like maintenance schedules, options, programming of keyless entry systems, and the like, but beyond that it has a section specifically aimed at importing into Canada. Good, detailed information from somebody who has been well involved in the process, not simply instructions on how to buy from them and import to nearby BC! That would be kind of a long way away.

Check it out. And good luck in your quest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts