Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Subaru
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some pictures form our camping trip 10-18-09. We take our Mountain bikes to the top @6850ft. Downhill ride all the way to lake level!

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
490 Posts
Nice pics! It's kinda funny to see your car at what feels like almost sea level to us up here in CO :biggrin: You should come try Pikes Peak, you'd love the ride down. I'd love to do that one day :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Nice pics! It's kinda funny to see your car at what feels like almost sea level to us up here in CO :biggrin: You should come try Pikes Peak, you'd love the ride down. I'd love to do that one day :icon_wink:
The Sierras aren't exactly wimpy! Wish I could drive out to Calif. by way of Colorado! You guys live in the 3-D states. Love it out there.

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
I didn't say they were, they're beautiful. I'd like to go back someday again. I'm just sayin, with Denver being at 5280ft above sea level... :icon_wink:
Absolutely! I've been in both mt zones a little bit and now I'm a Florida Flatlander. I knew what you meant but my reply looks a little stupid now.

What a great country!!

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Like I've said before, the climb up those sandy inclines where I took photos came out blurry. Next time (maybe this weekend) I'll let someone take videos from outside the Forester.

I hope I'm capable of handling some of the terrain I want to challenge! I've done some fairly challenging roads in my 4x4 Bronco and it got me stuck a few times. But it had these stupid running boards that my wife did't want me to remove. They were a problem but I didn't argue and left them on.

I also had a Jeep Scrambler which I got high-centered with. Had a friend tow me out with a Chevy Nova! Then the Scrambler's rear axle broke so I returned it to the dealership under warranty.

I've had lots of dirt/sand experiences with VW bugs and vans. Ripping through Florida sugar sand ain't easy. The bugs were pretty amazing. Later I got a 9 passenger Transporter. That vehicle amazed me with the traction it had. (this was prior to the Bronco). Sometime I'll relate the adventures we had with it, and some of my friend, Georges, also. The best driver I've ever had the experience to be in a car with. Wish I had some photos of those days!

Never did any off-roading until I moved to Florida back in the early 70's. And George was my first pilot who showed me how it's done.

·
Registered
2007 Subaru
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I lived in CO Springs for about a year back in 1992, "The Mile High State",I love that place (hard to breathe though). Pikes Peak would be worth the 2 day drive out there! To drive up real fast, then mountain bike down real fast! I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures.

·
Registered
2007 Subaru
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
treasure map

how can i get there... i am so cal and it sucks here... only azusa and that sucks... i want trails not a dead end river bed
From So-Cal, go I5 up north, about two hours pass San Fransisco on the 101 is the town of Ukiah, take hwy20 East, turn off at the Potter Valley exit, follow the signs twords Lake Pillsbury, take the fire road M1 all the way to the top of Hull Mtn. If you want more detailed directions let me know and i can show you. There are miles and miles of dirt roads up there. Some connect to I5 @ Stonyford. I Guess you could take I5 all the way up through Sacramento.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts