Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
09 2.5X Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Name is Merlin and although i'm new to the forester scene, i am however not new to Subarus. I just traded in a 2002 PSM WRX (slightly modded), which i owned for 5 years, for an 09 Forester 2.5X Limited. I was sad to see the car go but getting the forester made the wife happy. (she didnt care for the loud and rough ride lol) I will try to get pics as soon as i can!
I'm also a member of Western Subaru Club as "wrxcalibur" and NASIOC as "Xcalibur"

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you here.

You'll find us a friendly bunch, plenty of great members sharing a wealth of knowledge. More and more 09-10 and soon to be '11 Forester owners with plenty of info already contributed to help you sort out what needs sorting:icon_biggrin:

I'm sure you'll be adding some vehicle info to your Signature soon, to help out all those that respond to any concerns you have. You can get to the Signature quickly through the Quick Links drop-down menu.

Cheers

·
Registered
09 2.5X Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome guys! From what i've seen so far this looks like a great forum with lots of good useful info. I probably wont post too much as i'm mostly a noob when it comes to the technical side of things.
I do have plans on doing some mods (wife and money permitting! lol). Swifts, Rally Armor flaps, Sport Grille, Sports bumper, rear wing and hopefully some power/fuel economy mods (if that is even possible with the N/A Fozzys)

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
yup yup its possible... theres a bunch of us SH guys here... some have tuned there's quite a bit... Us NA's have a harder time workin on performance... best I think we can do are new cams, headers, catback (if your wife doesnt mind haha), CAI, and although disputed heavily, performance chips... I wouldn't get one personally, but some say it helps. Anyways, Welcome to the Forum!!

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,740 Posts
Welcome. It's good to see another Saskatchewan member here. Enjoy that new-to-you Fozzy.

·
Registered
09 2.5X Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well apparently i cant put up pics until i post 15 times! :( I guess you guys will have to wait! lol
how many other Saskatchewanians are on here?
Rusty Jake 11, where did you pick up your forester? Auto Gallery is where i got mine.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,740 Posts
Well apparently i cant put up pics until i post 15 times! :( I guess you guys will have to wait! lol
how many other Saskatchewanians are on here?
Rusty Jake 11, where did you pick up your forester? Auto Gallery is where i got mine.
Yes, at Auto Gallery. Around here there isn't much choice for new Subbies:icon_cry:. I highly recommend you get those Rally Armor flaps as I'm loving mine:banana:. I bought mine through Fast Toys Performance, Winnipeg, Man. They are the only Western Canadian distributor for R.A. Great customer service too. I also recommend a set of winter tires. I bought mine in December and it was 3 weeks before I put winters on mine. The factory rubber sucks in the snow & ice: the abs/vdc cut in way too much especially in corners.

·
Registered
09 2.5X Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^
Yes the RA flaps will b my first "mod" As for winter tires; i bought some 2 winters ago for my wrx and certainly wasnt going to give them away in the trade so i still have them! :) Going to put them on the stock rims and put the stock tires on the 17" 92X aero (saab) rims i kept from the wrx as well.
thanks for the link!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts