Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

481 - 492 of 492 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
is that still correct? does only the 04 sti steering rack fit onto the SG? i have a 04 FXT and im looking for a rack with no success on an 04, but i see and 05 and 07..

·
JBP Toaster
140 Posts
is that still correct? does only the 04 sti steering rack fit onto the SG? i have a 04 FXT and im looking for a rack with no success on an 04, but i see and 05 and 07..
Yes, only the '04 STI rack is a direct fit for the '04 FXT. I had to get mine from a part out, although you can always buy a new one from one of the OEM part websites if needed ASAP. NASIOC and eBay will have used ones pop up every so often.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The real upgrade is a rack from a 2004 STI . Only the 2004 rack fits as the mounting design changed in 2005 and won’t work. The 2004 STI rack fits on all 2004-2007 Foresters. The WRX rack from 2002-2004 will also work but doesn’t give as quick of a steering ratio.
I have a 2008 FXT 5 speed, will the 04' rack fit on the 2008?

·
worn out cams
901 Posts

I got the 2005 STI rack to fit on my 2005 FXT. But that involved having to swap the crossmember over as well.

S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can get the 05 to 07 racks to work with longer bolts and a bracket. All from subaru. You do not need to swap over crossmembers

·
Registered
19 Posts
how much was that STi rebuilt one?

also, what are the part numbers for me using other steering racks??

bolts? bracket? im in need of a new rack very soon and icant find a 04 STi one..

im in the midst of doing my brake set up now! i need front calipers, all 4 rotorss/pads/lines.

is there somekind of consolidated information like the one in this write up ?!

thanks !

·
Registered
24 Posts
STI rear sway bar on a 2” coil spacer lifted SG... thought? Comments? Concerns?

I couldn’t pass up the good deal I got on the sway bar. Hoping I can make it work. A little concerned that the lift might make this purchase a waste.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So, in case anyone is interested, we got the VA gen STi's steering rack to work on the SH without it getting wild turn angle from false reading and ESC cutting in.

Basically we hooked up an Aldurino between the steering sensor and the ECU, and intercepted/trimmed the sensor readout to actual degree of turn before feeding it to the ECU.

481 - 492 of 492 Posts
About this Discussion
491 Replies
194 Participants
speedfiend
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing