Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 492 Posts

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
I had this setup on my Galant VR4
Cool. Another vr4 guy ;)

For the cost of the GC's and the shocks, you could get close to buying a set of Megan's or similar. The ride isn't that harsh with these adjustables on low settings, although i could do without the pillow ball tops.

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
758 Posts
Wow, this is a freaking awesome thread. I haven't been on the net enough lately!

Great work Justin!

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow, this is a freaking awesome thread. I haven't been on the net enough lately!

Great work Justin!
Now we can just say to people...:evilatyou: read the FAQ :biggrin:

Thanks for the compliments,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

·
Registered
757 Posts
What about a rear bar, bushings, and links from an 05STI??

I am wanting to put this on a 2004 XT Forester with 2006 WRX takeoff suspension....

I have found one for very cheap with all of the included hardware and mounting equipment....

Thanks and let me know!
RYNO

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
What about a rear bar, bushings, and links from an 05STI??

I am wanting to put this on a 2004 XT Forester with 2006 WRX takeoff suspension....

I have found one for very cheap with all of the included hardware and mounting equipment....

Thanks and let me know!
RYNO
Go for it. It should fit perfectly. Just make sure to get the STI swaybar mounts along with the bars.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Would you need new endlinks with the COBB swaybars (http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/Default.asp?id=2944)? What about if you lowered 1"-1.5"?
If you lower the car I think you should be able to keep your stock endlinks front and rear.

However, with the stock ride height you would likely benefit from aftermarket endlinks as your stock pieces in the rear might bend. You should be able to keep the front endlinks no matter what your ride height as their are very few reports of the front endlinks bending and only with severe use.

There are reports of aftermarket endlink fitment issues with Cobb bars. For a mild setup on a street driven car I would consider the Kartboy rear endlinks as they have no problems with clunking.

Also, I highly recommend getting the "adjustable" Cobb setup. It will give optimal performance and fitment with the adjustable rear bar.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hey, any moderators: For some reason in my original post all the links to posts on this forum show up with a 404 error message-not found on server. Any clue what the problem is?

For instance here is one of the links:
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/forums/showthread.php?t=2907

Thanks,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi
The admin has changed the post URL by removing the /forums/ folder, so for your example above this should be the correct URL: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2907

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you put springs intended for the WRX or STi on your stock Forester struts they will wear out quickly because of the huge drop and higher rates. A few others may disagree with this statement. Tough nuts. I’m right.
Damn, this bums me. My buddy is looking to get rid of his stock STi springs and I was going to take them off of his hands for a few bucks. I guess I would require different struts for this since I am on stock. :(

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Damn, this bums me. My buddy is looking to get rid of his stock STi springs and I was going to take them off of his hands for a few bucks. I guess I would require different struts for this since I am on stock. :(
He is right and we completely agree with him on the stock struts going out because there is less stroke, meaning that the strut will have more short compressions strokes. This is another reason for premature strut wear and why when the Swifts were designed, maximizing stroke was a major concern. More short strokes will wear the struts out much faster.

Regards,
Gary

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
^^^^
If you want to go as low as the STI springs, aftermarket struts are needed. The alternatives include the stock STI, Tokico D-specs, and Koni strut inserts for WRX bodies.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

21 - 40 of 492 Posts