Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester 5MT
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step 1: Clear off your car first...

I learned that the hard way yesterday; just thought i'd share :)

Happy holidays

·
Registered
2017 Limited
1,018 Posts
We are born with the knowledge in our DNA to always clear the cars first before shoveling or snowblowing, up heah in Maine.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
132 Posts
Eh, no need to clean off the car. Just clear a nice portal through the snow so that you can see out the windshield and let the wind take care of the rest. That is how we do it in Michigan. LOL

·
Registered
2017 Limited
1,018 Posts
Eh, no need to clean off the car. Just clear a nice portal through the snow so that you can see out the windshield and let the wind take care of the rest. That is how we do it in Michigan. LOL
The local po-po look for those drivers, and issue tickets (revenue generators) for driving with an obstructed view. They even take pics for evidence.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,887 Posts
That's how to get a ticket in New Hampshire!

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
132 Posts
That's how to get a ticket in New Hampshire!
The local po-po look for those drivers, and issue tickets (revenue generators) for driving with an obstructed view. They even take pics for evidence.
Hmm, maybe Michigan police are too busy at to doughnut shop to care. Remember it's cold out there.

C'mon, I know that. I'm just being silly.

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,752 Posts
Wrong advice. You need to clean the driveway first - just enough to make a path around the car, then clean the car, and only then clean the driveway properly. Otherwise you'd (A) spend quite a few minutes knee-deep in snow, and (B) have to deal with scraping compacted snow.

·
Registered
06 Forester
389 Posts
lol.. that's how i did it too :biggrin: i wax my truck before it snows and this makes it slick enough for the whole roof and hood slabs to slide off when i hit 30..

i love seing those cars down the beltway that creates their own snow storm in their wake when they dont scrape the snow off their cars..

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Thats what I do... I only clear off the windows, then let the wind take care of the rest. I also live far enough out of town that the po-po isn't an issue.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
I got in trouble last year. It snowed pretty good and instead of shoveling, I walked outside and wrote "Subarus Only" in the snow at the bottom of the driveway.

My wife wasn't too happy about that, let me just tell you.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
I got in trouble last year. It snowed pretty good and instead of shoveling, I walked outside and wrote "Subarus Only" in the snow at the bottom of the driveway.

Was it with some kind of yellow marker?:huh:

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts

Haha. I like your thinking. It's more in the line of my lazyness :biggrin:
Too bad none liked your idea

1 - 20 of 28 Posts