Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring CVT7
269 Posts
i copied Forester 2019 full chapters, did script to update links too , it works if links redirect with in a same chapter ... but if it points to the different chapter it need to be updated 1 by 1 and its just too many ... link
if you on s304.html
link read http://XXXXXXX/Forester/data/print/s304.html#s162068a18
but it really need to be http://XXXXXXX/Forester/data/print/s162.html#s162068a18

copied Ascent 2019 too but did it every page and build script to update every links ... took me long time ....

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
50 Posts
I'm sorry, I could not get from this thread, how I may, even for a fee, access service manual information.

I see that Subaru does not participate in Helm, and when I was at Stohlman of Sterling, Virginia, they claimed there was no consumer access to the online service data used by their mechanics.

I thought it was a requirement in order to sell cars in the US, that service information be made available to the end user.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Sport
50 Posts
@betztek You're HIRED ! That is it.

[EDIT: Stumbled upon "Troubleshooting Guide" - which pops open a new window, and appears to contain what looks like a shop manual, and non-obvious how one would save the information for future reference less laborious than screen captures.]

Now my continued "slower boy from Alabama" disability is preventing me from deciphering the offerings at that site, to end up with a collection of PDFs, that somewhat resembles a service manual for a 2021 Forester.

Anyone care to offer for what I should be searching ? I know I'm in trouble when they have a note limiting the subscription to 50 PDF downloads per hour.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
9 Posts
I signed up for the 3 day access today and had all the scripts ready to download for the service manual.
Was pleasantly surprised to see that the service manual for the 2014 Forester in now a giant PDF.

Unless I was just seeing things. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
You can always search to see if the PDF versions are out there before you sign up... the ones that say “Service Diagnostics” and have no document code are the online HTML ones... the ones that say “Service Manual” and have a document code are the single PDF with the index and links within the document.

·
Registered
2005 2.5X 4EAT 2017 2.5i Prem CVT
93 Posts
I signed up for the 3 day access today and had all the scripts ready to download for the service manual.
Was pleasantly surprised to see that the service manual for the 2014 Forester in now a giant PDF.

Unless I was just seeing things. :)
Definitely not seeing things. STIS has them as full PDFs (and by section) up to 2015. Anything newer is by section only.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
1,320 Posts
Great news. How long does it take to download the one large pdf file for the 2015 and is it the most up to date version?

These FSM’s are continually updated with new information.

·
Registered
2005 2.5X 4EAT 2017 2.5i Prem CVT
93 Posts
I downloaded the '15 as a reference for my '17. The file is a little under 285 MB. Took about a half hour to download on a typical hotel (crappy) wifi connection. Can't imagine they update that one as often as the individual sections. The updates are available as individual pdfs. Some of the updates are incorporated into TSBs.

Another good reference is the "New Car Information" document for each model year. It provides detailed descriptions (though not service procedures) for all the changes over the previous MY. The changes for '17 were quite extensive. (11 MB/118 pages) I ended up downloading all of those for the SJ years.

One of the few good things about the STIS interface is that you can search by VIN.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts