Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the autoparts store to buy bulbs today and the guy at the store looked under the hood and told me that I'll need to take it in because you have to take the battery out to put in a new bulb (driver's side). In searching on the internet, I saw one post where they took the bumper off. The manual doesn't help either.

Can anyone please help me understand the steps to replace the fog and low-beam bulbs (both driver's side) in my 2006.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester Sport (CWP)
176 Posts
Your headlight (low beam) use H1 bulb. No need to remove bumper, battery or anything, just open your hood and pop the rubber cap off... Unplug the socket and squeeze the metal clamp and the bulb comes right out.

Fog light bulb is 9006. The fog is a little tricky to get to because you are going at it from under the bumper but nothing involve removing the bumper or anything just some annoying fragile plastic caps that hold those underside panel.

GL

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
I've gone thru my share of new H1's. My daughter can get her hand in there no problem. I pull the bat for easy access, don't want the new lamp in there wrong because I'm limited in access. Yes the radio goes blank but it's worth it. 130K and no fog changes so can't help you there. I've gone the whole 130K without ever turning off the headlights. Cheap Safety!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts