Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2004 Forester XS
2 Posts
Hey folks, I'm new here and I've been searching online but can't find where I can purchase a new rear bumper cover. The PO had a corner ripped by a truck hitch and it's duck taped up now. I can find front bumper covers online, but no dice on the rear. Any sources?

Thanks,

TRSpaulding

· Registered
2004 Forester XS
2 Posts
For something large like a bumper cover, I would recommend going to a local dealer to you. the cost of shipping one of these and the potential damage (fine scratches to the surface) stink. Mie was scored for around $175 local and then another 100 to paint.

The painter looked it over for any scratches as the plastic is textured, and if he has to smooth any scratches, it will look unevn.

Thanks for the info- I'll contact the deal locally then. I was just hoping to find a third party distributor online and save some $. The front was replaced like this and it looks fine (though PO didn't have it painted.)

Do you know if a textured front can be painted to match? The PO did the front with a textured front cover- like those that aren't painted to start with.

Anyhow- thanks for the info. Not sure whether to get a stock rear cover and have it painted or go with textured and leave it black.... Any thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts