Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seat heater pads have shifted in my XT's heated seats. Those two 'control boxes' attached to the pad are now right under your butt when you sit on the seats. I can't figure out how to slip off the fabric on the seat bottoms! Help?

What about the backs, I don't have to remove the seats do I?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,208 Posts
Take a look at my STi seat installation write up starting here. It shows many of the steps you'll need to do to get to your seat heater. There are also links on the bottom to other posts that may help. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5MT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, the pics are helpful. In your first pic, how did you get that black plastic rail to detach at the back of the cushion? I couldn't get it to budge... but I didn't want to break anything, do I just need to stretch the fabric harder??

Also, for the back you mention just unzipping the back. However, the zippers are folded back under the fabric so I don't see how to get at them?

thanks!

Edit: your post #800 is probably exactly what's wrong with mine... is the pad glued or held with tape?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,208 Posts
I'm assuming you have the seat removed from the Forester, as it would be VERY difficult to work on if it wasn't! :icon_eek:

The factory uses plastic stays to secure the seat heater pad to the seat foam. I used a 3M double sided tape, NOT the foam type. Others have used spray on adhesive.

The zipper will unzip, once you clear the fabric where it's tucked in. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts