Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XS Luxury
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received last week my new sports grille in Dark Grey, it looks very nice:woohoo:. But now i have to switch it with the OEM. I see a lot of pictures where the bumper is totally removed so i assume that this is the way to do it. But i never ever did something like that, so are you have some vital tips for me on how to start. I do have the Fog lights and the Sprinklers in the bumper, so i think this is extra bonus :shrug:

Thanks in advance.
Theo

·
Registered
2009 forester
136 Posts
how to remove the bumber

it is easier then it sounds. i have a 2009so im pretty sure it is the same. all you have to do is remove all the fastners from the bumper dont quote me but there is probably about 6 on top and 6 on thebottom. u use a flat head screw driver to unclip them by wedging it inbetween the plastic screw and plastic nut.they wont fully seprate so dont force them. there are also 1 or 2 fastners for each front wheelwell that need to come off. once they are all off go to one of the wheelwelds and pull gently the bumper is snaped to the side fender.it should come off no problem then work your way around the front to the other side. let meknow ifu need help with the grille

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
azzsub, sorry to thread hijack but could you PM me some pics of your grille, I also have the dark grey metallic and I wanted to definitely paint the center of the stock grille but I see in your avatar that you have the chrome painted too and I can't really tell but it looks really nice.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Pm subieoutlaw. He has painted his front grille. I'm sure he knows how it comes apart. While I can take our 07 apart quickly, I haven't tinkered with our 2010 just yet. Good luck and when you do figure it out, take photos and write a how to!
Always glad to help.

Link for bumper removal and grille painting if you want.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/subieoutlaws-forester-xt-journal-42139/
Bout time! :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts