Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I never removed a part of the protective sticker on the display. (back in 2016).
Now it's annoying me, but it's hard to remove.
Any suggestions without damaging or decoloring the screen?

PICTURE ATTACHED

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Dry towel below to stop stray warm soapy water from migrating into the display when you apply it in a wrung out rag.
Or try QTIP application to be more discrete.

At the other end of the spectrum is GOOF OFF, but I would not be surprised if it caused collateral damage.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
@Panamanian

I have no idea whether this would be safe to use, but just in case...

A couple of years ago I bought a stainless steel, one-sided, food grater that had a massive sticker adhered to its flat side. Nothing I tried would remove it - and apparently a lot of people had this problem.

I went to the company's web site and found a note addressing the issue. They said to put a little olive oil on it and let it sit for a while, then rub it with a dish sponge/cloth.

I had to apply the olive oil several times, rubbing the surface between each application. After a few tries the sticker/glue was completely gone.

Again, this was on stainless steel - not soft plastic.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Panamanian
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing