Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 X
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the predicament of having to pick up two tree's and get them home in the forester today. I rarely miss my 4runner, but this was one of those occasions. I dug around the house looking for something that would hold the tail gate open so it wouldn't flap around as I drove. and this was what I came up with, I figured I'd post this because I'm sure someone else at some point has been or will be in the same situation.

I wish I had remembered to get a picture of the car with the tree's hanging out the back, it was quite a hilarious site, but here it is. These are expansion rods I had for the bed of my old truck. They adjust to approximately the correct length and then rotate to put pressure on both ends. The ends are padded with rubber pads so they wont scuff up your car. It worked great!

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
A utility trailer works GREAT for the situation you just described. You already have the hitch too! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2009 X
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really want to pick up a utility trailer, I just need to come up with a place to store the thing, I've already got too much junk :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
66 Posts
It would be great if the foz had a retractable rear window. I think the 4 runner had it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts