Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2015 Forester Limited this week, from Faulkner Subaru. It was listed as having a "Harman Kardon stereo" on the NADA appraisal the dealer gave me, with a value of $425.

What should that look like? The head unit is a CF625UM HD Radio. The speakers just have plain black grills.

·
Registered
2015 Forester2.5i Premium CVT
1,325 Posts
That's the standard Clarion head unit that came with the 6-speaker array, not the optional HK unit which I believe, in 2015, was available only with integrated Nav.

Here's an authoritative source for information on 2015 Foresters and their equipment:
2015 Subaru Forester research webpage

·
Registered
2015 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, rdclark. I see this listed for the Touring model:

"new stereo- same Harman Kardon amp and speakers as 2014, but without the Navigation system"

Is it plausible there's a mistake in the cars101 listing, and that was also available in the Limited? Would the amp be some place I'd be able to see it, without taking the dash apart? It sure looks like the standard stereo to me, but I don't want to cause a problem for the dealership before I'm certain.

·
Registered
2015 Forester2.5i Premium CVT
1,325 Posts
@Tom121 CF625UM is a Clarion unit. If yours has that number on the front then you have the standard Clarion system, not the HK system. It looks like an old-school car stereo, with a CD slot and buttons etc. Just punch CF625UM into Google for all the confirmation you need. This HU does not have a separate amplifier.

Besides, the HK system has a touch screen, so confusion is unlikely. Also, I seem to recall (from when we were shopping 2015 models) that the HK system has HK nameplates on the door speakers.

If the car having the upgraded audio syetem was a factor in its price, I guess maybe you have an issue. Good luck.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring
699 Posts
Yup, HK emblems will be on the main speakers at least, sounds like some $$ back for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts