Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
under false floor?

i can imagine doing the floor from the scratch, using plywood. or maybe do a little modifying and make it a two stage floor, where amps are in between.

is there an easy/solid way?

P.S.
i want to keep my tire.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
under false floor?

i can imagine doing the floor from the scratch, using plywood. or maybe do a little modifying and make it a two stage floor, where amps are in between.

is there an easy/solid way?

P.S.
i want to keep my tire.
I put my speaker amp under the driver's seat and my sub amp in the back above the spare tire using the foam storage tray

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any reason why?
*electrical stuff should be hidden from everyone and everything. so you don't have to worry too much.
*you never know what amps you'll run in future - big ones that wont fit under seats, loud fan ones. so its better you have just the spot for them.
*if you add processors or crossovers later on, its easier to deal with wiring when amps are close together.
*stealth

amps are not big, but right now i have one amp and a 12" sealed sub in trunk and im already out of space.

·
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
*electrical stuff should be hidden from everyone and everything. so you don't have to worry too much.
*you never know what amps you'll run in future - big ones that wont fit under seats, loud fan ones. so its better you have just the spot for them.
*if you add processors or crossovers later on, its easier to deal with wiring when amps are close together.
*stealth

amps are not big, but right now i have one amp and a 12" sealed sub in trunk and im already out of space.
Have you considered going with a sea-scooby kit? I have my primary amp under my driver's seat and it's been there for 3 years with no problems.

I have a Sea-scooby sub kit that installs in the same place as the stock sub. He also has a kit for the passenger side should you want dual subs.

My sub amp is in the back:

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,145 Posts
Luckily, amps seem to be getting smaller. I have a Rockford Fosgate P400-2 and a set of crossovers for my Polk db6501 components under the passenger's seat, and it all fits just fine in front of a Weathertech floor liner. The RF amp was measured at 149 watts RMS X 2 into a 4 ohm load at .012% THD. Otherwise, in the rear storage area it must go.

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
toddlamp, the setup in your pic looks good. does the left fan get cooler air to push inside?

i haven't inspected the panels thoroughly, so ill keep your setup in mind when i do.

·
Registered
2006 subaru forester 2.5
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
could any of you post a picture that shows false floor completely, because im not sure i have identical pockets.

·
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
My amp is in the foam tray too. I'm adding a 2nd one as soon as it warms up.

Looks nice Chris. I didn't think the 05's came with the tray. Did you get it seperately.

toddlamp, the setup in your pic looks good. does the left fan get cooler air to push inside?

i haven't inspected the panels thoroughly, so ill keep your setup in mind when i do.
Thanks. They are standard 12v computer fans. I have wired them up through the distro blocks and added a relay that is triggered by the amp's remote wire. One pulls air in from the spare tire well and the other pulls air into the tire well from the tray area to get some circulation going on. The only reason I didn't put it directly on the other side of the amp is cause I was planning on using the open area to fix a power inverter and add an outlet in the rear cargo area; that was 3 years ago.

Not sure what pic you want to see but here are some of the "amp rack" that also shows the bottom wiring and grounding point.

Image gallery

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
Mine is an 09 but I have my 4 channel under the floor too..

there is room for another amp where the screwdriver is in this pic but for now my mono sub amp is attached to my sub box so it is all removable in one shot.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
I swapped my full size spare for a tray and donut with an 07 owner. I actually have two different donut tires depending on if I'm running my 17s or 18s since they are different sizes. That way I actually have spares of the correct size AND I have a nice stealthy amp loaction.

To hold down the amp I'm using truss screws. They are basically stardard screws but with large heads on them. I've have no issues at all with the amp moving. For the wiring I drilled a hole in the foam them finished it with nice snap in grommit.

·
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
I have a main lead coming off of the battery going to the trunk are. I also have a remote amp wire coming off of the HU. In one of my pervious pics you can see the ground distro block on the left and the hot distro block in the center (w/digital volt meter; reads 14.0 in the pic). From there I have power to the amp and also a small gauge positive wire lead that goes underneath to a relay. The remote wire is split to go to the amp and also to trigger the relay whenever the stereo is turned on. The relay is wired to a Radio Shack terminal strip (I used it to distribute the ground and positive leads; you can see it in the upper right with red and black loops). So, when the stereo is turned on, the remote wire sends a signal to both the amp (which turns it on) and also to the relay which in turn powers the fans.

Both the fans and amp receive power from the distro blocks. I also added that heavy duty quick disconnect (huge gray square) so that I cam remove the tray when needed.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts