Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,194 Posts
Hankook S1 noble 245/45/18. 245/45/18 is slightly smaller in diameter (0.25%) than the stock 225/55/17 tire.
awesome! even better. as i hope to stick with as close to my current setup (rolling diameter wise) as possible. ill probably go 245/40 as im gonna go 20mm adapters.

thanks again man....sorry guys. back on topic!!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Missing some crucial info here :), did you cut down your 5-100 studs so they don't extend past the spacer? I take it you needed to pocket out the backside of the wheels? Looks great.
The stock pockets had enough clearance for the stock studs.

Looks great! Did you buy the wheels from Brian (@Tuned200)? If so those were the wheels that started the thread! ha ha
Yep I got these off Brian. They've been sitting in my garage for a few months now. Funny how parts get passed around the forester community. :wink2:

·
Registered
107 Posts
15mm spacers, 2.5mm shortened wheel studs, no issues with STi BBS at all. Now the ET measuer is +40 ( +55 -15mm = +40 )

tyres 225/45-18" / KW variant 3 coils.

·
Registered
38 Posts
just a quick question, what center bore size would I need for the 08 Forester XT? I found a listing but not sure what size to select, they have either 56.10 or 54.10.

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
15mm spacers, 2.5mm shortened wheel studs, no issues with STi BBS at all. Now the ET measuer is +40 ( +55 -15mm = +40 )

tyres 225/45-18" / KW variant 3 coils.
Interesting. So I wonder if 15mm adapter with 3mm spacer on the outer studs would yield the same result with a final ET38 which is acceptable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I'm getting in on the STI wheel action. Long time lurker and researcher, ordered/owned my Foz back in fall of 2007. Anyway, picked up some 2015 STI BBS and some Black ISC 25mm Adapters.
Let me premise this with my project was temporarily derailed by a head gasket job :(
So 125K+ on the car and I'm about to abort the conversion in fear of bearing destruction and the costs that come with it. I'll be on stock or OEish replacement struts and going for Swifts springs regardless of the wheels. Mounting these wheels will put me at +30. Am I just asking for it?
Can anyone provide long term usage info or wisdom?
Experience premature bearing failure?
Can I scale back the spacer size w/o cutting the studs?
I do realize, based on my leading tire size choice that at least the rears may have to be rolled, (feeling 245/45/18 ATM).
I appreciate any help or light that can be shed on this.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I'm getting in on the STI wheel action. Long time lurker and researcher, ordered/owned my Foz back in fall of 2007. Anyway, picked up some 2015 STI BBS and some Black ISC 25mm Adapters.
Let me premise this with my project was temporarily derailed by a head gasket job :(
So 125K+ on the car and I'm about to abort the conversion in fear of bearing destruction and the costs that come with it. I'll be on stock or OEish replacement struts and going for Swifts springs regardless of the wheels. Mounting these wheels will put me at +30. Am I just asking for it?
Can anyone provide long term usage info or wisdom?
Experience premature bearing failure?
Can I scale back the spacer size w/o cutting the studs?
I do realize, based on my leading tire size choice that at least the rears may have to be rolled, (feeling 245/45/18 ATM).
I appreciate any help or light that can be shed on this.
I'm also a long time lurker. Just got an SJ FXT and I am looking at getting the 15 STI wheels as well. From the research I have gathered a 20mm adaptor seems to suffice for clearance. As for the wear on bearings, I had 17x9 Rotas (heavy) with 255/45 on a 04 wrx for a long time and never had issues (over 130k miles). I had friends running 18x10 setups with negative offsets on older cars/higher miles and never heard about bearing issues. On an 18x8.5 I'd personally do a 235/50 or even just stretch an OEM tire size. But I know that 245/45 has some great tire options. :wink2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
got my 2012 STI BBS on today, with a 20mm adapter, zero fitment issues and no need to do anything like grinding the pockets on the rims.
It has a slight poke as the tires (245/50) are pretty chunky, a 15mm adapter would probably eliminate that, but i don't want to mess with these rims or the stock studs at all. 20mm is plug-and-play

201 - 215 of 215 Posts