Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the mesh grill to replace the stock grill.
I'd like to put lights behind the grill but am wondering about a switch for the interior.
There is a rocker switch on the dash to the left of the steering wheel (2010 Forester 2.5x Limted)... This rocker switch seems to have a 'dummy' rocker switch right beside it. If this is the case??? it would be nice to find a rocker for the dummy side.
If anyone has any clues please share.
I'd like to wire the driving lights to come on and off with the main headlights but there might be a time when I'd like to shut them down completely.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,196 Posts
I can't speak specifically to the 2010s, but every Subaru I've encountered does have a mixture of real switches and dummy ones, depending on what equipment is actually installed in that specific vehicle. You can buy switches that snap right in from the dealer (try our supporting vendors here) for about $25. Highway robbery indeed, but that's how it is. An alternative would be a junk yard, but it's probably too early to find many of the SH (2009+) models, and you'd have to check the measurements carefully before using one from previous years.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,216 Posts
I did this when I needed switches for my audio upgrade. For my fog light upgrade (didn't come with fogs), I'm going to use a factory/OEM switch that I got on eBay. Keep in mind that factory/OEM switches may be difficult to connect wires to, unless you have the harness. lastly, If you add your own switch, make sure you don't install anything that your knee will jam into if you're in an accident. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2010 Forester
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2.5x sleeper-impressive work! Very very professional...that is my goal, but the reality is that I'll end up simply hiding the on/off switch for the Hellas thinking ugly is better hidden.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,216 Posts
2.5x sleeper-impressive work! Very very professional...that is my goal, but the reality is that I'll end up simply hiding the on/off switch for the Hellas thinking ugly is better hidden.
Thanks for the compliment. As Bruce (bbottomely) said, there are almost always "blanks" that may be MODded or replaced with a factory/OEM switch. Where ever you decide to place the switch, make sure it can be accessed safely while driving. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts