Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT MT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made a quick how to, sorry for the language.

quite an easy fix, mine was really annoying sticking at all stops almost. causing minor clutch burn sometimes etc

i cant post links yet...

its on youtube as "How to Disable Subaru Hill Holder Clutch Mechanism 2006 Forester XT" if anyone would like to see it.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,086 Posts
@scoobe23 I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

There's also this post in another thread.

Always good to have more input. I embedded your YouTube video for you & moved your thread to "Member Galleries" ► "Videos" sub-forum. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
13,918 Posts
If anyone should have wanted to delete it it would have been me. Almost 60 years driving manuals (staring at age 14). Takes zero time getting used to it. Why would you delete it? Makes no sense. Taught my grandson how to drive stick and it helped him.
Now I am talking about the system on my Spark. Maybe the one on the Subaru sucks.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,086 Posts
@adc I believe the "hill holder" is normally disabled when it fails... when its operation becomes problematic. The option is to repair or disable. Disable being the no cost workaround. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,664 Posts
The quick fix is to disconnect the cable and zip tie the arm parallel to the body of the hill holder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts