Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XT CVT
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone uses. My drivers seat needs a good cleaning and I thought I would see what everyone uses.

On older cars, I would use simple green....but there has got to be something better out there.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
291 Posts
I have used Tuff Stuff aerosol on fabrics for many years. Safe and does a great job.
There will be many opinions to follow.

Reactions: XTChic

·
Registered
2003 Forester X manual
1,275 Posts
I am lucky. I am near a manual car wash that has an upholstery/seat cleaning machine. Maybe one in your area has one.

·
Registered
2017 Outback
118 Posts
I cleaned the seats in my DIL's Outback with laundry pre-wash and Dawn dish detergent. I removed the seats and took the seat covers off. Then I sprayed the covers with Spray 'n Wash pre-treat cleaner until they were dripping wet. I waited an hour and then put them in hot soapy (Dawn liquid) water. I scrubbed with a stiff floor brush and rinsed in cold water three times. We hung them on a clothes line until they dried and reinstalled the covers onto the seats.

They looked brand new. She was thrilled. If I were to do it again I would finish the job with ScotchGuard spray before I reinstalled. Oh, one more thing....I got a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies for my reward.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 XT CVT
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely don't want to take the covers all the way off....I probably wouldn't get them back on! lol Thanks for the info...I will look into the options.

·
Registered
18' 2.5 Premium 6MT
156 Posts
My Mother in Law gave us a cheapo Bissel fabric cleaner machine (wash tank, spray, suck) that works well. My baby boy makes a royal mess in the back and the machine did a good job getting some of the gunk out of the practically new seats.

·
Registered
2008 Expedition (Sorry) Auto
3 Posts
I have used Tuff Stuff aerosol on fabrics for many years. Safe and does a great job.
There will be many opinions to follow.
I agree with TuffStuff. It’s Awesome.

Also, try “LAs Totally Awesome” spray (or called something like That). They sell it at DollarTree, and it costs $1 (duh). It is yellow and comes in a bottle with a spray top

·
Registered
13 Posts
Baby Soap

I know that this is kinda weird but yeah I use baby soap since I don't like the strong scent that is on the cleaners I bought. I also think that it is more gentle. If there is stubborn dirt, I use warm water with it and it just fades.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts