Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The black plastic rocker moldings on my 2010 Forester have stains where the, I assume, water drains from the doors and the moonroof. On both sides are three light gray streaks that will not come off. Can anyone recommend a good dressing for the black plastic that is NOT shiney? I hate that super gloss Armor All look.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
Try any vegetable oil. Let me know how it worked.
That sounds like a total set up...haha. I would like to know too. My black trim is pretty faded. I used the Mother's Black Magic stuff and that turns it a nice shiny black for a few days, but then it seems to just dry out and look worse than before.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
121 Posts
I've had good luck with Black Again on older, faded trim. The people I've shown it to have been pretty amazed as was I. It also works on painted black trim and vinyl in general.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
trim/tires

body molding

Everything else

2008 Subaru Forester - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

:biggrin:

303 protectant also works very well without being shiny..
Wow is this a paid advertisement for Meguiars:huh: Just kidding, I use a couple of their products as well.
+ Barry Maguiar is as sincere to everyone even when he's not in front of a camera. Truly Car Crazy.

+7 for 303. I think the key is too start using it early and as often as you wash the car to keep it looking that way.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,958 Posts
After reading all the praise for Areospace Protectant 303, I bought a bottle. I'm always looking for new & improved products. I honestly don't care for it & I still have nearly a full bottle. :frown:

I've used Mothers Back-to-Black for years & I've been very happy with how it works. It even works on the black metal roof rails on our '03 & '07 (better than wax!). To get the best look with no residue or a glossy shine, apply liberally & wipe off, leaving a satin low gloss finish. This stuff looks great on tires, leaving a low gloss like new tire look. For the best results, apply liberally & immediately wipe off the excess! Don't let it dry as the bottle instructions say. If you do this, you'll end up with residue & too much shine! :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,784 Posts
After reading all the praise for Areospace Protectant 303, I bought a bottle. I'm always looking for new & improved products. I honestly don't care for it & I still have nearly a full bottle. :frown:

I've used Mothers Back-to-Black for years & I've been very happy with how it works. It even works on the black metal roof rails on our '03 & '07 (better than wax!). To get the best look with no residue or a glossy shine, apply liberally & wipe off, leaving a satin low gloss finish. This stuff looks great on tires, leaving a low gloss like new tire look. For the best results, apply liberally & immediately wipe off the excess! Don't let it dry as the bottle instructions say. If you do this, you'll end up with residue & too much shine! :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal
I'm a huge fan of Back to Black.
Picked up an old set of Leatherlyke saddle bags for my Roadstar a few years ago (they were sun faded bad) and the only thing I tried that brought the finish back to life was Back to Black.

Used it ever since.

·
Registered
2010 XT 4eat
602 Posts
not to crazy about back to black, but I think the bottle I have is old and I need to get a new one. I'm going to try that 303. Its expensive but here noithing but good things about it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts