Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo manual
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed this Brake Cylinder Stopper, does it need to be tight against the cylinder or does it need to flex abit :ponder2:

cheers all

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,492 Posts
Doesn't that nut need to be on the other side of the brace. Otherwise it's just relying on the thread in the bracket and not the thread in the bracket and nut. If you see what i mean.
In other words, pressure exerted on the bolt could strip the thread on the bracket, or damage them.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Is there not one on the other side of the bracket too? I don't think the bracket itself is threaded.

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
bracket is threaded i swap it round , dame thing had very bad instructions
LOL, the ones most of us got in the scabbynet GB had no instructions at all! In fact I'm pretty certain CDF had just copied another design, as I had an email converstaion with Chris about 6 months later as he was trying to sort what should be in teh kit and how it was fitted.

Simon

·
Registered
2003 Cross Sports
820 Posts
I also bought a brake stopper from CDF probably a year ago. It was different to that one though. Called the Newage or something similar. There was a nut welded on one side. The braket was not threaded. This is a pic of it installed

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Not bling at all, truly effective, my wife could move the M/C about 6mm with just a firm push, with EBC reds on my brakes used to feel wooden as I could get pedal travel with no extra braking to speak of as the bulkhead flexed, with the stopper on they feel fine, firm, but fine.

Oh sorry mdg, you don't go fast enough to need brakes do you, so it would be bling on a nastily aspirated.......:N_poke:

Simon

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo manual
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just wanted to report, there is a noticeable improvement in the feel of the brakes with this bit of kit fitted, one of the better mods for any foz in my book

Gav

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,492 Posts
Oh sorry mdg, you don't go fast enough to need brakes do you, so it would be bling on a nastily aspirated.......
A nastily aspirated which is on course to win FOTM that is. No need to compensate for a lacking in the trouser department here. :icon_cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts