Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
07 FXT
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up the FXT today and I have had my WRX for a few years. I know they both have the TD04, and the FXT is 2.5 and my WRX is 2.0.

Are exhausts interchangeable? What about swaybars and endlinks? I'm trying to think if I have any leftover performance parts I can bolt on :evilatyou:

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
The Forester has more in common with the STi than the WRX. 05 WRX endlinks and rear sway bars are different than what the Forester uses, but you can swap the exhaust if you use XL hangers.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
^^^ What he said! :)

For endlinks, Kartboy, Whiteline, AVO, Perrin, and Rallitek are popular options.

For sway bars, check out Whiteline, Cobb, Perrin, OEM STi, Cusco, and Eibach.

If you upgrade the rear bar, you'll need new mounts, which are made by Whiteline, Cobb, Perrin, & OEM STi. (There may be a few others in there, too)

Basically, almost all suspension parts from an 04-07 STi will fit with little or no modification. There are some exceptions, but the sway bars are interchangeable.

I'm currently running a stock front sway bar and an OEM STi rear sway, mounts, and bushings, with Kartboy endlinks, Mo-Boost lateral link supports, and Kartboy subframe locking bolts.

I plan on upgrading the front and rear bars to somewhere in 22-25mm range with Kartboy front endlinks.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
07 FXT
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, thank you both!

I plan on replacing at least the rear sway to start with. That made a big difference on my WRX wagon.

What about the front fender braces? On my wagon that was probably the best single handling mod that I did. Anybody make them for the FXT? Will the WRX ones work?

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Yes, thank you both!

I plan on replacing at least the rear sway to start with. That made a big difference on my WRX wagon.

What about the front fender braces? On my wagon that was probably the best single handling mod that I did. Anybody make them for the FXT? Will the WRX ones work?
For fender braces, check out the ones by Subtle Solutions - a vendor here. GT Spec also makes a 3-point fender brace, but it's $$$.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts