Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good price for 04 sti takeoffs with 4k on them?

Also does anyone know how much it will cost to install these?

Thanks

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Take-offs of what? :confused: Struts? Springs?

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
pleiad7 said:
Take-offs of what? :confused: Struts? Springs?
Yeah, for some reason that is what people around here have been associating take offs = struts and springs...but in actuality take offs are just parts that were taken off the car :lol:

As for the price it will range from about ~$400-$800 depending on the condition of them and if the seller is feeling generous.

Do you know if any of them are clunking?

·
Registered
Frank & the FXT
172 Posts
install?.....do it yourself man, requires few tools 12mm, 2 x 19mm, torque wrench and maybe a breaker bar. If you have the whole assembly it's easy, the whole strut only has 5 bolts holding it on (brake lines dont count).
Then just go get an alignment done afterward.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
yea i mean spring and strut take offs.

No clunking that he knows of. They are local so if I get them I will be able to take a look before I purchase.

they have 4k miles on them so they should be in decent condition. $500 dosent seem outragous for them i guess.

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
FYI: Stealthback + STi takeoffs can = scraping of exhaust bits.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
763 Posts
$500 is a good buy for that low of mileage. It really is a pretty simple install job, especially if they already have the tophats on them.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

·
worn out cams
05 FXT
899 Posts
I just picked up some "takeoffs" with 40,XXX miles on the fronts and 1K miles on the rears for $350. 5 bills sounds pretty good, as long as you are convinced there is 4K on the STI set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts