Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Chevy Suburban
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found one for msrp of 27,117 with an invoice of 25,328 at a dealer 135 miles from my closest Subaru dealer here in Louisiana. With a transfer here should I be able to buy it for around invoice...I gather the dealer holdback is about $800 for a LTD. Anybody with a similar buying experience?

·
Registered
2010 Forester
77 Posts
I found one for msrp of 27,117 with an invoice of 25,328 at a dealer 135 miles from my closest Subaru dealer here in Louisiana. With a transfer here should I be able to buy it for around invoice...I gather the dealer holdback is about $800 for a LTD. Anybody with a similar buying experience?
I'm looking at one right now, and the dealer offered me $25,220. MSRP $26,951. So that invoice seems to be spot-on.

·
Registered
2010 forester limited
38 Posts
I'm looking at one right now, and the dealer offered me $25,220. MSRP $26,951. So that invoice seems to be spot-on.
I just ordered a forester x limited in dark grey for "dealer invoice" of 25,605...msrp is 27,015...hope its a good deal...couldn't get them to go lower..guess they have to eat too :) there may be some pricing differences too depending on where you live?

also this is also my first posting , glad i found this site.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
77 Posts
I just ordered a forester x limited in dark grey for "dealer invoice" of 25,605...msrp is 27,015...hope its a good deal...couldn't get them to go lower..guess they have to eat too :) there may be some pricing differences too depending on where you live?

also this is also my first posting , glad i found this site.
Pricing will depend on location... up in NY, there's more demand for a AWD SUV, compared to Texas. A few dealers I asked for prices from in NY were about $1500 higher than dealers in Texas (I'm from NY, just on job detail in TX and using it as a prime opportunity to get a good deal on a Forester).

·
Registered
2013 WRX hatchback 5mt
795 Posts

There are some variables here with the Foresters lately since they have become a little in short supply. at least in our district...

If he trades with a dealership, depending on how they trade (net-net or invoice to invoice), he will either get the holdback from the car you are buying from him or the holdback from the car he trades to the other dealer...

If he has to buy it from the other dealer and the other dealer does not take a trade back, these can be the outcomes:

-he may be lucky to buy it net-net (gets to buy it at invoice less all holdback)

-he may get only half the holdbac

-he may have to buy it from that dealership at full invoice in which he does not get any of the holdback

when vehicles are in short supply or it is at a dealership that does not like to do dealer trades, does not have many of that trim level, maybe working the same customer via online inquiry, or are simply jackasses, they may do random things or not give up the vehicle at all.

·
Registered
2010 forester limited
38 Posts
picking up my grey metallic forester AT LTD. at 2pm today...had the dealer instsall side molding, wheel archs, rear spoiler, cross bars, rear bumber guard, cargo nets, luggage cover and splash guards...27, 129, new reg. included...i'm paying w/o options 25,605, dealer invoice.
even all the options are at dealer invoice. tried to get it, or some options, for factory invoice..but they wouldn't budge..nor would any other dealer.

seems like a good price...gotta add that 8.875% tax

will post a pic soon

thanks for all the info on this site

·
Registered
2003 Chevy Suburban
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, my salesman and I have agreed to a final price of $26,221(not including TTandL) for a sage green Forester2.5X Limited with options of self dimming rearview mirror with compass, trailer hitch (Subaru) installed by dealer, and rear bumper cover. To find a minimally optioned Limited in sage green my local dealer was able to redirect a vehicle that was already on the train headed out from port previously assigned to another dealer in trade for an Outback that they were supposed to get...so they say. The salesman was open and honest about their dealer holdback and true invoice: the values he gave me were consistent with what was quoted by Truecar.com. I probably could have done several hundred dollars lower in a more competitive market like Houston, but there is only one Subaru dealer here in south Louisiana. Arrival scheduled for !!/30.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
Try not to be skeptical when the dealers are honest about things like getting SoA to reroute cars allocated from one dealer to another. Inventory issues with Subaru have been heinous ever since Fuji laid off Japanese workers early last summer, and if the dealer went to that trouble to get you an exact car, you should thank them, especially if you're on a mini deal. We had to get a red 09 WRX rerouted from Cali to Pennsylvania last month and it is a massive pain in the ***, endless phone calls, emails, owed favors, etc. Plus Outbacks are few and far in between in many markets, and it probably did take them losing an Outback to get that reallocation done. When you get your survey in the mail, keep in mind all that before you mark less than "extremely satisfied" on anything, as that's the best way to thank them.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
That seems like an awful lot. I'll have to look at my invoice again, but I think I paid less than that for my 09 OBXT.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
Your OBXT may have had rebates, plus at least around here we were practically giving away OBXT's in 09, it was incredibly hard to unload the few we had, so yeah you likely could have paid less than for a '10 Forester Limited

1 - 13 of 13 Posts