Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
at this time of year I would shoot for 3700 under msrp.
Don't start at MSRP. Go for amount under 'dealer invoice'. Yes, at or under cost.
Car is only 3% profit; all accessories retail at about twice cost. So someone with a lot of acc's will get much more off msrp. So that's confused. Start at cost.
Get competitive bids from area dealers (usually the local will match). But recently i had to drive 40 miles to save $1,500 that locals would not meet.

·
Registered
2020 Ice Silver Forester Touring
8 Posts
Don't start at MSRP. Go for amount under 'dealer invoice'. Yes, at or under cost.
Car is only 3% profit; all accessories retail at about twice cost. So someone with a lot of acc's will get much more off msrp. So that's confused. Start at cost.
Get competitive bids from area dealers (usually the local will match). But recently i had to drive 40 miles to save $1,500 that locals would not meet.
Agreed, but I find it difficult to get a reliable invoice. I've not had success with dealers giving up invoice. I'm about to buy a Forester (touring) and I'm asking $4k off MSRP but would like to know a true invoice figure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Agreed, but I find it difficult to get a reliable invoice. I've not had success with dealers giving up invoice. I'm about to buy a Forester (touring) and I'm asking $4k off MSRP but would like to know a true invoice figure.
kbb.com and edmunds.com can supply invoice prices that are very close to a dealer's. Enter the exact car you want at those sites.

My 2020 Touring, on order in CO was quoted and I accepted $33,901+$489 D&H=$34,390. Plus taxes in NM. But that includes 10 accessories that are described as totaling $1,114 "retail" and $1,722 MSRP.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Out of Market Adjustment When I began surveying dealers' offers, Colorado Springs included a note that this extra cost might be applied--but it was not.

I thought it was a fee to encourage buyers to deal locally to keep low-volume dealers in business. That was my situation, and Santa Fe declined to match Colorado Springs. But now I am unsure what this potential Adjustment is all about.

·
Registered
2018 SJ Forester 2.5i Ltd CVT
1,571 Posts
When I was shopping various Colorado dealers from Arizona, Heuberger was the only CO dealership that included an out-of-market adjustment in their quote.

·
Registered
13 Posts
kbb.com and edmunds.com can supply invoice prices that are very close to a dealer's. Enter the exact car you want at those sites.

My 2020 Touring, on order in CO was quoted and I accepted $33,901+$489 D&H=$34,390. Plus taxes in NM. But that includes 10 accessories that are described as totaling $1,114 "retail" and $1,722 MSRP.

Hope this helps.
And, MSRP at subaru.com for the "build" was $37,477. See Vehicle ID 573139 there. Some unneeded accessories, surely, but this is probably my last car purchase.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got the car on December 21, 2019, in Colorado Springs. It was a bit cheaper than the original winning B&F offer. Bottom line cost was $34,468, including Heuberger's D&H, my earlier deposit, and NM Vehicle Excise Tax. I was going to get a cashier's check until they said a personal check would do fine. My only additional cost will be to register the car here. MSRP was $37,447, Invoice was also $34,468 (according to kbb.com and edmunds.com--strange coincidence?).

Andrew Brozek was the sales guy, met for the first time that day, no nonsense from him. Heuberger is a big dealership, selling 25-30 cars a day to people in every state. Altogether a satisfactory experience.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts