1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite a lot it looks like:

[/URL][/IMG]

Doesn't look too bad on the photo, but all of the mounting clips on that side of the bumper have been ripped out, looks like it'll be a whole new bumper :crying:

Still not 100% sure how it happened, I guess that the mudflap got caught on a kerb and then the wheel backed over it while I was reversing.

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i
107 Posts
I wondered why my rally armor flaps had plastic washers, I almost put metal ones in. Then I backed over a rock off-road and the flap got stuck between the rock and rear tire. That weird plastic washer bent and popped the flap free before it did any real damage. I just took it apart and reinstalled.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ouch, some days are better than others that is for sure. Are those the universal fit or are they the exact fitment for the Forester? I have been looking really hard to pick up a set.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
I wondered why my rally armor flaps had plastic washers, I almost put metal ones in. Then I backed over a rock off-road and the flap got stuck between the rock and rear tire. That weird plastic washer bent and popped the flap free before it did any real damage. I just took it apart and reinstalled.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ouch, some days are better than others that is for sure. Are those the universal fit or are they the exact fitment for the Forester? I have been looking really hard to pick up a set.
they were, from a company called rallyflapz on ebay UK. not sure if they will do international shipping though

Yep, that would definitely be better. This set replaces the metal bolts that attach the bumper to the frame in the wheel arch so I'm not sure if i'll be able to do this. I remember being impressed at how solid the fitment felt when I put them on, turns out that was a bad thing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts