so a example would be like this

" I saw 2 subbies per mile on a 50 mile drive in Washington USA"

(that would be 100 Subaru's lol)

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have often noticed a ton of subaru's on the road where i live (upstate NY). and i was thinking are there other places like this? i often see 6 - 10 subbies on a 30 mile drive

i wonder which state will have the largest postings of subbies

i have a feeling the further north the more there will be but we shall see lol

·
Registered
2000 Forester
88 Posts
I can almost guarantee that Washington will have the most. Sounds like a fun game. I'll start tomorrow.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Counted 18 Subies on my 10 mile drive this morning, so 1.8 Subies per mile - among them a Baja and an STi who returned my wave (I only ever wave to modded Subies because the others seem mostly oblivious to such expressions of kinship).

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Hmmm... I like the sound of this. I'm going to try this out on my drive down to Florida next week and see what I get on a per-state basis.

The counts for this area will be pretty small though, but I'll try it out on the drive home tonight.

·
Registered
2000 Forester
88 Posts
I saw 102 subarus today and I drove 24 miles so 4.25 per mile. :woohoo::banana:

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
I'd never be able to keep count, from the south towns of WNY to Buffalo everyday I see one about every 5 seconds...it's crazy, I never noticed till I had one just how many there are on the road, from really old to new.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,007 Posts
Okay... on my block there are probably a dozen subarus. In my neighborhood, I'd say probably 30-50. I kid you not.

Foresters, Outbacks, Imprezas, Legacies, a couple of older Subarus I don't recognize, one svx, 2 bajas and 2 Tribecas.

I couldn't make this up if I tried.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Ltd, PZEV
17 Posts
Couple of weeks ago when the we got 2 feet of snow I ran out to the closest grocery store.

Saw three other vehicles on the way, non-Subie, but had to laugh when I parked at the grocery store itself.

Mine was the 6th subie parked all in a row (Foresters and Outbacks), with an Expedition and an old Blazer the next row over.

Only 3/4 of a mile to the store, so what's that, 8 per mile? But I disallow the score due to extenuating circumstances... but seein' all those Subies lined up was righteous.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
486 Posts
My wife and I tried playing this game last summer whenever we'd gone to the mountains. We usually stopped counting in Boulder. There's no point to count there as the Outbacks, Legacys and Foresters are everywhere there :icon_rolleyes: They're all over the Boulder area and up in the foothills. One day we counted over 200 in one hour, going from Boulder through Nederland to Estes Park. We had to stop at 200 because it started to get annoying :raspberry:
Btw, my 4yr old now recognizes Subarus before we do :biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 Forester WG 4spdATM
21 Posts
Gonna try this. Here in Mountaineer country I expect to get some decent numbers. I know I see way more than I ever saw in SoCal.

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
Deffinitely going to try this out on my 10mile drive home from school today... will post my results here

1 - 20 of 34 Posts